Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANY INFO ON S79DX  (Read 1058 times)
WG5G

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »

This station has been very active the last few days, just wonder if anyone knows how long he will be there, I have heard him on 21.017 around 1300z, very fast cw- good op, would like to work him for the Marathon, any info would be appreciated, 73 Dan WG5G.
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 06:38:19 AM »

Hi Dan - I worked him yesterday on 20m then emailed him after seeing his QSL policy on qrz.com. He states that he no longer participates in LoTW and doesn't care to receive cards but will send his if you PayPal him. I asked him what $ amount gets a card to me along with some other questions on operations.

No reply yet.

John AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com/blog
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »

Hi Dan - I worked him yesterday on 20m then emailed him after seeing his QSL policy on qrz.com. He states that he no longer participates in LoTW and doesn't care to receive cards but will send his if you PayPal him. I asked him what $ amount gets a card to me along with some other questions on operations.

No reply yet.

John AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com/blog

I don't understand these guys who put a rare or relatively rare QTH on the air and then make it difficult to get a QSL. 

Why activate the island in the first place?  That's like playing baseball as a kid and after you get your swings in you leave with your bat so the game is over for everybody else.

I read many biographies which state something like, "I have thousands and thousands of QSL cards so I don't bother with it anymore as it takes too much time."  Time and cost were never an issue when they were chasing after those cards. 

ON4UN has a sick wife and he has over half a million QSL cards but in my latest batch of cards received from the buro (on 11/30) I received 2 more cards from John.  I don't hear John complaining he has done his share and now it's time for somebody else to confirm Belgium.

We all have an obligation to return something to this hobby and QSL cards are an obligation.

Chris/NU1O
WG5G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »

Good evening John & Chris, Tnx fer the info, Im not really after a qsl just qso fer the marathon no cards needed. Really I have looked at his QRZ page he has over 4000 lookups just never remember working or seeing him spotted before, After I got my focus off of the ZL9 operation I  noticed him spotted on 15 mtrs Im taking some vacation time starting Dec. 10 so Im hoping he still workable next week, There has been at least 3 other S79 operations this year & it was all I could just to hear them much less work them with 5 watts, anyway with any luck he will still be active next week & Ill get a shot at him, hey John ur hogging all the dx since u put up that C3, HI HI 73 Dan WG5G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: