Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LUNAR LINK AMPLIFIERS BACK IN BUSINESS  (Read 26376 times)
W1QJ

Ignore
« on: October 02, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »

The legacy amplifiers designed and built by the late K1FO is back in business.  Steve W1SMS and myself Lou W1QJ recently took over Lunar Link.  It is now called LUNAR LINK INTERNATIONAL.  Steve and I are in the process of moving stock of parts etc. from the previous location to our location here in Danbury,Ct.  The transition of equipment and stock is a work in progress.  We hope to be able to ship product sometime in the early part of 2013.  We are taking orders at the present time on a first come first serve basis.  Orders will be filled in the sequence in which they are received.  We are revamping the website at the present time to reflect our pricing, offerings etc.  Although it will be a while before the website reflects all the changes you can still visit it at www.lunarlink.com.  Steve's phone number and mail is there if you would like to place orders.  We intend to keep the legacy of these fine amplifiers just as K1FO had. We appreciate your patience and support as we gear up and rekindle LUNAR LINK INTERNATIONAL. 73 Lou W1QJ gudguyham@aol.com
GM3SEK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 12:28:45 AM »

Very good luck with that, Lou.

Steve K1FO was a perfectionist who built fine amplifiers, and I'm sure that you can do the same.

73 from Ian GM3SEK
W1QJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:39:13 AM »

Very good luck with that, Lou.

Steve K1FO was a perfectionist who built fine amplifiers, and I'm sure that you can do the same.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

Thank You Ian, Steve W1SMS was a very good friend of K1FO and did business with him for his commercial/industrial plasma/sputtering business.  Steve W1SMS has all the equipment in addition to what we got with Lunar Link along with the production know how.  Together we plan on taking Lunar Link to the next level.  K1FO was so busy as a one man operation that often times there was considerable waiting time for product.  We hope to get to the point where we can have product available either "in sotck" or with very little wait time.  We hope to be more visible at confrences, Dayton, and so forth.  We have orders coming in already so getting on top of those and then getting ahead with "in stock" product may take some time, but ultimately more available product with less wait time without compromise is the goal.
Thank You for well wishes.
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »

Good luck, Lou!

Those were excellent amplifiers. I know a couple of people who had them.

73, Jim
W1QJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »

Good luck, Lou!

Those were excellent amplifiers. I know a couple of people who had them.

73, Jim
Thank You Jim...appreciate that.  Lou
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 10:24:08 AM »

Lou,

Congrats and I wish you and Steve great success with Lunar Link amps. I have one of your King Conversions SB220 amps for 6M and it works flawlessly time and time again. I'll be watching for your announcements of upcoming availability of madols for sale.

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
W1QJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 02:40:21 PM »

Lou,

Congrats and I wish you and Steve great success with Lunar Link amps. I have one of your King Conversions SB220 amps for 6M and it works flawlessly time and time again. I'll be watching for your announcements of upcoming availability of models for sale.

Gene W5DQ

Thanks Gene, glad your KC 6 meter amp is still working FB.  It will take us some time to move all the equipment and stock from K1FO's location to ours.  Once we get everything moved we then have to set up production.  Then there is the actual work to do.  Since Steve K1FO sadly is not around to consult we'll have to go by blueprints and drawings etc. It will be somewhat of a challenge at first but I think Steve W1SMS and myself are up to task.  Hopefully we will be out at Dayton in 2013 with the products on display.  One of the nice things about the line is that the power supply is outboard and all units are designed to use the same power supply.  You really only need one power supply to power the whole line of amps.  Thanks  again Gene...73 Lou
W1QJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 06:03:16 AM »

If anyone is going to the VHF/UHF conference over the weekend in Philly, please stop by and visit our Lunar Link booth.  Hope to see you there. 73 Lou W1QJ
WV4I

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 08:01:02 AM »

I had the 2M version at one time. As I recall, 15-20W in would yield legal limit easily. These are mil spec amps, and the 3cx800 is a superb tube for 2M, very high gain, etc., even at 144mhz. Not being able to get my m2 11 el beam up more than 20 feet or so, I became concerned about the ERP vs distance from people, so have scaled back my 2m SSB power. Good luck with the new Lunar Link.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: