The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R&L ELECTRONICS  (Read 14439 times)
VE3FMC

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2012, 03:58:37 AM »

Last week I purchased an antenna from R&L Electronics who are located in Ohio. My purchase was made online and I used PayPal to make the payment.

The antenna was shipped to my brother who lives in IN (he will bring it to me this week)

My order was processed and shipped in less than 24 hours. The UPS quoted shipping price did not change.

The reason I bought from R&L was the price of the antenna was one of the lowest I could find in United States. I saved $205 by buying it there instead of buying it here in Canada.

All in all I was pleased with my purchase from R&L Electronics.
K3YN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 02:49:10 PM »

I also purchased a piece of equipment from R&L Electronics.  I had a problem with the gear, which was not the fault of R&L Electronics.  But, they really worked to remedy the situation and to make a fully satisfied customer.  Not only do you get the best price in town from R&L Electronics, but OUTSTANDING customer service.  I highly recommend them.
AF8JC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 03:14:19 AM »

R&L is local to me (about 50 minutes drive) and I go there regularly. Nothing but positive experiences even though I once bought an antenna with missing clamps (R&L had the manufacturer ship me a new hardware kit). They also support most of the area hamfests, and I buy from them there also. Deep roots in ham radio and very supportive of our hobby in every way. I think they attend some events knowing they will not make any money and just hope to break-even. A true family owned/operated business, they have my full support.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 05:37:19 AM »

I've dealt with R&L for many years now, both for myself and on behalf of my radio club.

Never had a major issue.

Once had a minor issue when buying an antenna (on behalf of the club) that was being sent to the club member who maintains our 10 meter beacon in the USVI.  Let me stress that this is both a minor issue, and an unusual situation.  (The minor issue?  My name, not the members name, was going to used to send it, to the correct address).  A quick email and it was resolved within minutes.  You can't ask for or expect more than that!

Highly recommend them, and I will continue to patronize them as well.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 08:07:07 PM »

Love R&L.  Hate the neighborhood, though.....
http://www.homesecurityshield.org/news/most-dangerous-cities-in-ohio/
http://www.usa.com/hamilton-oh-crime-and-crime-rate.htm
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:40:49 PM by K9MHZ » Logged
N2SLO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 05:57:40 PM »

I recently purchased rotor cable from RL- JT 150 feet with the Yaesu connectors pre-made for my new G450A.
They were the only store that had cable in stock, and had the order at my door within three days.

Shipping reasonable- would have received free from HRO but they didn't have any length above 100 feet in stock.
painless experience, and quick shipping. thanks R&L.
WD8T

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 11:04:47 AM »

I have to add my kudos for R&L.  They beat everyone price-wise on the things I have purchased from them and I have the item(s) usually next day.  Thumbs up R&L!!
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 08:23:01 AM »

I have used R and L for many years. Great company great variety of products. I noticed and started buying inexpensive power supplies, and antennas from their neighbor, Jetstream, in Hamilton, OH. Good products, good prices. I wonder if there is a relationship?

KF7CG
W2IBC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 11:16:22 PM »

used R&L many times, never had an issue

I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!
KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 08:02:39 AM »

Ordered an item from R and L late last Friday (today is Tuesday). They had the lowest price I could find. The item was shipped immediately and arrived yesterday. Couldn't be better.
KC9GLD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 12:46:33 PM »

Over the last 10 years, I have on many occasions purchased from R&L and have never had a bad issue.
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 10:04:48 AM »

Since my original post I bought another antenna for R&L. Had it shipped to Port Huron MI to my parcel drop depot.

Again another smooth transaction.

A friend of mine also ordered some equipment from R&L and had it shipped to Ontario. Far cheaper even with the difference in the dollar (which at that time was not nearly as costly as it is now) than he would have paid for the equipment if he bought it in Canada.

Glad to see others have had positive buying experiences from R&L. It is nice to deal with the small independent dealers, I think they value their customers more than big box dealers do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: