Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K4MTI W5JBV Michael Kirby  (Read 1197 times)
W7APM

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »

Sent payment (postal M.O) for a Drake TR-5. After a month of excuses saying his wife had a stroke and then died I had not received the radio. I did some online research and found out he did prison time for the same offence. I found the name of the local police and legal documents about his case and I told him about the information I found. I told him if I didn't have delivery confirmation of a refund immediately I was going to the police and I did get a refund. He then told me his wife had sent me a check too. When I reminded him he said his wife had died he said it was his ex-wife!
 I am sure if I hadn't pursued this as hard as I did i would never have gotten my money back. I have wasted countless hours with this individual. I still plan to notify the local police there about his activities.

http://www.antiqueradio.com/problem_kirby_10-99.html

https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/bo...er/006560.html
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 01:03:12 AM »

I'm sorry that happened to you Allen. I too almost got took. I did learn that putting a persons name in here and on the net yeilds MANY things on unscrupulous folks. Glad you got your money back at least.    Smiley     God bless...
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:35:05 AM »

Many times, just Googleing the sellers name and city will yield information helpful to you if the seller has any sort of record of bad dealings.  Just using the callsign in a Google search will sometimes yield the same results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: