Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: But....... I dont WANT to wait another YEAR for an ATNO!!  (Read 4249 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2012, 02:16:12 PM »

Wont someone PLEASE go activate something I need?  I KNEW this day was coming, I just thought it would be a while longer.  I am approaching the point already at 311 that it will take an expedition of some type, small or large to give me a shot at another ATNO. Every thing that I can find which is scheduled for 2013 is IN THE LOG.

I know, I still have workable, inhabited entities that I can use for another ATNO (If I can ever HEAR them, that is Sad)  But, besides EP and AP, the other 2 (XX9, XY) have NEVER been heard by yours truly. All is not bad tho.... I do have Mt. Athos confirmed, cw and ssb.

Whatever happened to the SAN FELIX expedition that I heard about and mentioned and was quickly asked to "hush up" about?  Still being negoiated, I guess.

COME ON NOW......... I cant believe that 2013, the PEAK year of cycle 24 is going to just slide on by, without something in the top 5 or 10 most needed being activated.   I see basically NOTHING coming up. Worse yet, my usual rumor sources are zipped lipped, at least for now.

COME ON GUYS...... spill the beans, or at least start a rumor Shocked.

73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:24:22 PM by AF3Y » Logged
KD6KVL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 02:25:16 PM »

I heard on the down low, that the big guys are working on a rare one... Cheesy

Frank KG6N
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 02:29:35 PM »

I wonder if the Italian group could get something going for E3?  They should stand as good a chance at a license, etc. etc. as anyone, and they do go to Africa a lot....... Huh

And... DAMN, cant someone FINALLY set up a trip to T33 that does not bail out at the last moment?
Banaba has slowly moved up the Most Wanted list on ClubLog to number 29, ahead of some goodies like Glorioso, etc. etc.

Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:34:14 PM by AF3Y » Logged
AF5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 03:09:58 PM »

Of course who saw 7O coming this year?  That was definitely one ATNO I didn't figure on getting in 2012. Didn't really plan on getting E4 either-thanks Vlad!  I think before 2013 is over there will be a few nice DXpeditions that will surprise us.  At least I hope so.  Would someone please go to the South Sandwich Islands for a month, so I can finish off the Western Hemisphere!

John AF5CC
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »

It is never a question of IF it will happen, but WHEN.

"A team of NASA scientists has captured amazing radar images of a huge, mile-wide asteroid as it drifted silently millions of miles from Earth — its closest approach to our planet for the next 200 years."

We were ATNO time in any danger

sorry  ...  what?

nevermind.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:24:16 PM by AB8MA » Logged
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 03:28:46 PM »

How about writing a letter to you Senator urging them to pressure the US F&W to allow DXpeditions to KP1, Kh5K, KH1 etc?

Stop complaining and do something!
N8XI

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »

Whatever happened to the XZ (Myanmar) proposed operation ?

73, Rick - N8XI
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »

How about writing a letter to you Senator urging them to pressure the US F&W to allow DXpeditions to KP1, Kh5K, KH1 etc?

I can, and will do that Paul...... Never thought about doing that.  Enough letters just might do some good!

Actually, I was not complaining.  It was/is meant to be some "serious humor". I am sure you know at least some of "whats on the stove", DX-wise, but I am also sure you are not talking.

Great job on all that you and the guys have done. I look forward to hearing some EXCITING news from you and the team soon.

73, Gene AF3Y
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »

73, Rick - N8XI

I think Simon keeps plugging away at it. With the President's visit to Myanmar and thawing relations with that regime, you just never know Smiley

John K7KB
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 04:06:58 PM »

What I'm hoping for is a good report from the NZ Department of Conservation (DoC) on the ZL9HR operation. I'm sure that would go a long way in the argument that hams can be conscience of the environment with their operations to help secure permission from the US F&W service. It seems the DoC is happy on how things are going giving permission for them to stay overnight.

John K7KB
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »

The US Dept of Interior does not care about what the NZ DoC thinks, they don't care about closing down businesses, putting people out of work and out of their homes for many years.

Case in point:  http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Drakes-Bay-Oyster-Co-sues-feds-in-fight-over-farm-4090937.php
HS0ZIB

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 04:39:12 PM »

You need to be patient!  This is Asia! Things move slowly.  I've been living and working in Yangon since early this year, and slowly making the right contacts in the relevant government ministries.  On Monday last, I was invited to make a presentation at a major ICT conference in Yangon http://www.magenta-global.com.sg/MyanmarTelecomIT2012 which was attended by government and industry officials.  In a few weeks, I'll go up to Naypyidaw to try to have meetings with more officials.

Will I get an XZ licence in 2013?  I hope so.  But if not, I will keep working towards that goal.

Simon
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »

My crystal ball tells me something rare will be activated in 2013. And even something that I need!
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »

Sounds like what happened after we bought a two stage snow blower big enough to do the entire neighborhood--we didn't need it until the following winter!

You might investigate why you can't work Pakistan--I have four contacts on three bands and two modes this year--and already have the three QSLs I need for DXCC purposes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:48:32 PM by W1VT » Logged
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »

I would love to see a quasi form letter that I could send to my senators.  I think having a concise letter with all pertinent information would be really helpful.  Having some letters from foreign "tree hugging" organizations explaining how well things go would be immensely helpful.   

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: