Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: But....... I dont WANT to wait another YEAR for an ATNO!!  (Read 4454 times)
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 08:05:05 PM »

Whatever happened to the XZ (Myanmar) proposed operation ?

73, Rick - N8XI

I'm with Rick on this one...I really was hoping something would happen... Undecided

73 de harry, W6DXO
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 11:29:52 AM »

How about writing a letter to you Senator urging them to pressure the US F&W to allow DXpeditions to KP1, Kh5K, KH1 etc?

Stop complaining and do something!

This is news to me. I guess I should write them.

Why isn't the DX community encouraging DXers to write their congresscritters to allow access to these entities? Or maybe they are and I'm not seeing where?
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »

How about writing a letter to you Senator urging them to pressure the US F&W to allow DXpeditions to KP1, Kh5K, KH1 etc?

Stop complaining and do something!

This is news to me. I guess I should write them.

Why isn't the DX community encouraging DXers to write their congresscritters to allow access to these entities? Or maybe they are and I'm not seeing where?

The congresscritters are only interested in lining THEIR pockets
with OUR cash. They don't give a rats ass about anything else.

That goes DOUBLE for 1600 Pennsylvania ave.

They are all a total disgrace, and it seems to be getting WORSE !
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »

Well..... MAYBE we can get the big guys at ARRL to pull some strings for us, but only AFTER they get LOTW fixed Cheesy. Think they might have some time then?

They should have all the big wigs at FCC in their pocket, right?  So the FCC guys can maybe get the Fish and Wildlife guys to......  OH DAMN Shocked...... Almost fell out of my chair.... seems I was dreaming(again)..... sorry Grin.

73, Gene AF3Y
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »

Well..... MAYBE we can get the big guys at ARRL to pull some strings for us, but only AFTER they get LOTW fixed Cheesy. Think they might have some time then?

They should have all the big wigs at FCC in their pocket, right?  So the FCC guys can maybe get the Fish and Wildlife guys to......  OH DAMN Shocked...... Almost fell out of my chair.... seems I was dreaming(again)..... sorry Grin.

73, Gene AF3Y

Dream.....or NIGHTMARE Huh

DC, all of it, commission included should be FLUSHED
and then we should start over.

But the gov't is so big, it would probably
clog "the tubes"
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »

I wonder if the Italian group could get something going for E3?  They should stand as good a chance at a license, etc. etc. as anyone, and they do go to Africa a lot....... Huh

And... DAMN, cant someone FINALLY set up a trip to T33 that does not bail out at the last moment?
Banaba has slowly moved up the Most Wanted list on ClubLog to number 29, ahead of some goodies like Glorioso, etc. etc.

Gene AF3Y

Geno...With all due respect, you could be like me and have a solid 60 remaining on the list that for one reason or another have been elusive (the more common ones that is)....and sadly, it's looking like I won't be able to take that to 59, as I have not been in sync with ZL9HR....This sucky sunspot cycle, my not being able to hear them at all at night when they are spotted, them picking the worst possible time of year (for being busy) to go on the air, the shortness of the expedition, my sucky station, not to mention work and just not being around when they are audible are all factors.....Heard them on 20 this morning really nice, but did not have time to sit thru their working the EU pile.....So I am going to try and pull my fat butt out of bed @ 4:30 tomorrow morning and hope they are on again....So I think your humorous vent is somewhat premature....I would wait and see just what ANTO goodies 2013 will bring all of us before cutting loose......Who knows....there may be another 7O6Tish type surprise!......Send your letter to Santa now!...... Grin Grin.......

V
KA3NRX
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 05:04:53 PM »

Vince...... I think and hope you are right...... I was just "stirring the pot" a little. hi hi

(Would be a bitch if we really DID have to wait a year for another one tho....... Huh )

73, Gene AF3Y
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 06:55:46 PM »

I am no where near yinz guys DXCC totals, (263 incld Auckland)
but looking at the list on NG3K, there isn't that much
that I need either.

Two or three of the ones on the list I need are going to be one man
efforts and that doesn't bode well for working thru big pileups.
From next years list, I need:

Micronesia (been listening for the guy there now, but nothing)
Temotu Prov
American Samoa
Chatham Islansd
Tonga

I sure hope Paul is right (n6pse) that there will/might
be a biggie in the works.
KD6KVL

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »

I've worked a lot of new ones this year but, I have certainly. Slowed down at 283.  There are a few lurkers out there and 2 new ones on the horizon soon.

Does anyone else get a little sad after the new one rush goes away?
I feel kinda bad for my buddies that have them all.
I'm enjoying the chase for now.
Frank KG6N
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »

I've worked a lot of new ones this year but, I have certainly. Slowed down at 283.  There are a few lurkers out there and 2 new ones on the horizon soon.

I feel kinda bad for my buddies that have them all.
I'm enjoying the chase for now.
Frank KG6N

I dont think I will live long enough to work them all and lose the new one rush,
I am 65 now, and I'm at 305, it has taken many years to get here.
When I go, I want to go peacefully in my sleep dreaming of working an ATNO.  Grin Grin

Bob
K6UJ

AF5C

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 02:33:07 PM »

I want to go while working a new one!  Hopefully number 340 on the current list!

John AF5CC
K9NW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »

(Would be a bitch if we really DID have to wait a year for another one tho

It could be worse.  Some of us are in a position of having to wait for an ATNO to just be created!  That could be next month, next year, or next decade.   Smiley
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »

(Would be a bitch if we really DID have to wait a year for another one tho

It could be worse.  Some of us are in a position of having to wait for an ATNO to just be created!  That could be next month, next year, or next decade.   Smiley

Don't add anything until after I make Honor Roll in 2013 - OK? hi hi . . .
N4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »

This year has been productive with six ATNOs for me. My total is now 340 worked with 338 confirmed. But being an old-timer has its cons since 15 of my 340 are deleted entities. But getting closer and closer to Honor Roll. Sadly, I know of no upcoming DXpeditions to anywhere new for me. But the activation of 7O was a pleasant shock -- so maybe XZ will surprise us too.
73, N4KZ
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »

REPLY: In short, HELL NO!.  In long, I am just happy to snag them and move on, to hopefully something that will not be obtrusive with all of the mayhem....remember, this is a hobby, not life & death.....

V
KA3NRX
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: