Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Ragchewer Log software  (Read 5278 times)
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »

For anyone who wants to travel over the world by IP address, look up TOR (The Onion Router).
It makes your IP address meaningless to the target website, since your encrypted packet is randomly routed through other servers.
Why make it any easier to track you and read your communications than necessary?
Plus it drives google, yahoo, youtube, IP address content marketing crazy.

As regards ragchewing - the algorithm is simple.

1 - Find out what interests the other guy.
2 - Ask him about it.
3 - Pick out some attributes in his reply.
4 - Comment on those attributes, and ask him to elaborate on those.
5 - LISTEN until he runs out of breath, or has to go to the toilet.
6 - Gather his apologies for talking about himself so much, and humbly reply that learning something new is never boring.
7 - Pick up your advanced conversationalist certificate.

EOT

73 - RoB
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:51:12 AM by STAYVERTICAL » Logged
N4OI

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 03:00:50 AM »

[...]  But when I know already a lot of things another guy told me 3 years ago, (or I heard by just listening to his rag chew on the band) he feels embarrassed when he doesn't remember me.  [...]  So asking, "did you realise your plans such and so you announced 2 years ago in our QSO with me" is really a bad idea. It gives instantaneous signal reports of 339 heavy QSB, sri cuagn, pse qrt and when that is impossible he makes excuse for his mother in law just arriving ..

Interesting view...  but not in my experience.   Typically, the respondent makes a comment about how good my computer logger is (wow -- back to the point of the thread!) and on it goes...  I begin the process by entering a bit of information in the HRD Comments field when logging each QSO.  Then when operating, I just keep the "add" dialog box up with its "Logbook" tab open.  When I begin to enter a call sign, the logbook quickly filters and displays all prior matching QSO records.  I then take a quick read of prior comments -- simple and FAST!   

73 ES GOD BLESS U ES URS DE KEN N4OI  Grin
WA8JNM

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 04:39:25 AM »

N4OI:

You are saying that HRD does exactly what I asked? You see all your prior comments for this callsign, gathered together chronologically on one screen?

Dave
N4OI

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 05:42:55 AM »

N4OI:

You are saying that HRD does exactly what I asked? You see all your prior comments for this callsign, gathered together chronologically on one screen?

Dave

Dave - Sure. Just use the Logbook tab in the "add" dialog box - you can configure what fields and the order in the display. What is cool is how the QSOs are filtered as you type even partial call signs. Hope this works for you!

73 ES GOD BLESS U ES URS DE KEN N4OI
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 05:46:05 AM »

For anyone who wants to travel over the world by IP address, look up TOR (The Onion Router).

In Germany a guy with an exit node was convicted by an arresting team. That are guys that suddenly remove your frontdoor with explosives, enter your home with ready for firing weapons and they are trigger happy, because there are sometimes victims because the guy to be arrested throws hand grenades downstairs and fires a machine gun empty.

He did not know anything about the traffic passing his exit node.

Bob
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 06:10:02 AM »

Dave - Sure. Just use the Logbook tab in the "add" dialog box - you can configure what fields and the order in the display. What is cool is how the QSOs are filtered as you type even partial call signs. Hope this works for you!

73 ES GOD BLESS U ES URS DE KEN N4OI

Ever thought that there may be guys that will make a QSO but tell you all kind of lies, as answer when you ask personal data,  about their personal life, in order to protect their privacy? Does not matter at all, you have your QSO and small talk, just as he has. Nothing illegal.
Your bookkeeping urges him to keep record of all his lies, call dependent. Or to start QSO-ing with random non existent calls (illegal).

Not everybody has the adagium that he has nothing to hide for the outside world, nothing to hide, hence no  objection to microphones and webcams in every room of his house, and member of facebook and what have you, in order to collect thousands of "friends".

5000 "friends" organised an X project, demolishing a small township in the northern part of this country in order to celebrate the 16-th birthday of a girl published on facebook or some other stupid lookalike.
http://www.nrc.nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/ANP-1180_20699960-980x735-568x425.jpg

Communication as a social intercourse is to be separated from leaking personal data, which can be collected by unknown entities. What you leak you never can roll back.

Take care.
Bob
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:42:12 AM by PA0BLAH » Logged
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »

Bob,

Yes, you have another valid point.
There are people who lie when you ask them personal questions on the air.
I am one of them.

For a start, identity theft is a real problem, not an imagined one.
Secondly, common courtesy dictates that you do not ask someone you have just met certain personal questions.
Would you ask a woman you have just met how old she is?
If you did, would your medical insurance cover intrinsic stupidity in needing hospital treatment.

The old but still valid computer term GIGO applies - Garbage In Garbage Out.

Bob - Ja, ich weiss wass du meinst mit die tur offner - ich hab verwandten in diesem beruf.

73 - Rob

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:45:55 PM by STAYVERTICAL » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: