Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Delta coax switch - bad position?  (Read 6438 times)
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 01:30:58 PM »

Absolute FINE BUSINESS, Jim.

From now on, I'm recommending Alpha Delta (even moreso than in the past). 

GB es 73
ND6P

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »

Thanks Jim.  That was the information that I needed, and right from the source too Smiley

What I thought was a rivet was actually the end of the switch shaft.  Good thing I didn't start drilling on it!  After removing the label, I saw the other two screws that hold the bottom plate in place.  After removing those, the switch came apart easily.  I did what you said, but also noticed that the number 4 leaf was not contacting the common contact in a parallel manner like the other three switch positions were doing, so I tweaked the leaf a bit to get it parallel.  Then I made sure I had the same amount of leaf lift in number 4 as I was getting in position number 1.  Switch went right back together and it's a good as new now.

Many thanks.   Jim/ND6P
WB4ILP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 11:53:22 AM »

Hi Jim !
Glad you got that switch back in operation.  You are now a "Certified Alpha Delta Technician".
Thanks Clark for the nice words.
Merry Christmas and Good DX to all !
Jim, WB4ILP
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 03:20:14 PM »

lucky, nothing I've bricked at work is worth more than 12 grand.  but I did get (a major international company) to do a total international recall on control cards for Internet switches.  had to do with using a PC card disk drive in continuous service when it was rated for the lesser of 5 minutes max, or 10 minutes in an hour spun up and seeking.  at the time, that was THE backbone for Da ISH... .
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 06:14:13 PM »

Jim - 6P:  This is why I ususally suggest going to the manufacturer.  Many times they will endeavor to help you get a problem resolved and on a few occasions you will run into a guy like Jim - 4ILP.  THIS is when you know you're doing business with a good company and is worthy of a future purchase. 

Glad you got 'er done!

Al - K8AXW
K2LGO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »

Dealing with Jim at Alpha Delta is a pleasure..I have called him in the past on a small matter, and it made it right...Good Company...BOB
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »

HMM, now Alpha-Delta is on my list of decent manufacturers. This is an intangible in the business world known as "goodwill" where a bit of freely offered assistance pays dividends in the long run. We amateurs are a cagey lot, for some odd reason we will frequent a company that goes that extra distance in customer support.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
W4RS

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 02:20:25 PM »

this is the reason i have so many alpha delta products in both my shacks. good item's and good people.
you just can't beat good customer feedback.
thanks jim of alpha delta.
jim w4rs   du3/w4rs
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: