Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cross Band Repeater Rules and Frequencies  (Read 25838 times)
KD4LLA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 07:39:56 PM »

"To my knowledge my radio can only be set up for two way cross band repeat. There aren't any menu settings for cross band operation. To get into cross band mode I select one frequency on one VFO, the other frequency on the other VFO, and then put it into cross band mode by restarting the radio and entering a special setup menu.

Also, there is no way that I know of to do what you're saying with CTCSS tones alone with my radio. I can set a CTCSS encode tone and a DCS decode tone, I think that would work but I can't set a different CTCSS tone for send and receive."

I have a 15 y/o FT-8100 and 20 y/o DJ-580 HT that will do 2-way or 1-way crossband, AND allow for separate encode/ decode CTCSS.

It is just a matter of programming the radios.  Read the manual that came w/ your radio.  Then read it again, s l o w l y, saying every word to yourself.  I used this technique at work a number of times went I was stumped with a problem.  My workmates used to call me "book smart"... cause I read so much.

Mike
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: