Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking (friendly) Bets. Which (last) entity will put me on the Honor Roll?  (Read 3059 times)
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 12:41:04 PM »

Rich,

How about sending Monk Apollo a letter stating that you normally wouldn't ask
because you know he is very busy and has limited time for ham radio but you are only one away from making the honor roll and if possible would like to make a schedule for a contact.  And you would love to have him be the very last contact for the award.

Its worth a try !

Bob
K6UJ
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 01:01:31 PM »

Rich,

because you know he is very busy and has limited time for ham radio but you are only one away from making the honor roll and if possible would like to make a schedule for a contact.  And you would love to have him be the very last contact for the award.

Its worth a try !

Bob
K6UJ

Great minds think alike. I did that months ago - no response. But if you look at the list of what I worked this past year - even as difficult as SV2ASP/A might seem - I have worked others that are more "impossible".

So - I have resorted to prayer - hi hi . . .

NOW - if my prayer is answered, my 2013 Pacificon Antenna Forum Presentation would be called "Pray for DX" -  Grin

After this year - I do believe that anything is possible!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:06:00 PM by KY6R » Logged
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 01:44:38 PM »

Rich,

because you know he is very busy and has limited time for ham radio but you are only one away from making the honor roll and if possible would like to make a schedule for a contact.  And you would love to have him be the very last contact for the award.

Its worth a try !

Bob
K6UJ

Great minds think alike. I did that months ago - no response. But if you look at the list of what I worked this past year - even as difficult as SV2ASP/A might seem - I have worked others that are more "impossible".

So - I have resorted to prayer - hi hi . . .

NOW - if my prayer is answered, my 2013 Pacificon Antenna Forum Presentation would be called "Pray for DX" -  Grin

After this year - I do believe that anything is possible!

I'll start with my usual caveat that I haven't been in this very long. But after 7O6T was activated last year out of nowhere, I do believe that anything is possible.  I have so many to work still I am nowhere in the same boat as you... But I am pulling for ya.  Time to break out the DX Voodo doll. 

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 02:03:24 PM »

Time to break out the DX Voodo doll. 

Great advice - this one should work!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ky6r/4762898476/in/set-72157601883518970
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 04:06:19 PM »

E3
remember

Yes, I believe the Italian team, if anyone can, can get E3 on the air.  I mentioned that earlier, but you may have more info than I do, which is none.

GL/73, Gene AF3Y
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 06:49:02 AM »

I'll go with SV/A, but not necessarily SV2ASP/A.  Would certainly be a divine one with which to finish the quest.
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 07:05:26 AM »

I'll go with SV/A, but not necessarily SV2ASP/A.  Would certainly be a divine one with which to finish the quest.

Amen! For me, its the Holy Grail of DX . . .
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:18:15 AM by KY6R » Logged
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »

I'll go with SV/A, but not necessarily SV2ASP/A.  Would certainly be a divine one with which to finish the quest.

Amen! For me, its the Holy Grail of DX . . .

I am sure I would feel the same way, IF I did not already have it confirmed Wink.

You guys REALLY think that's gonna happen?  Didnt Father Apollo raise a stink about
someone else QRV from Mt. Athos? (Not taking sides on THAT argument, but again, IF I
did not have it confirmed...... Undecided Undecided .

73, Gene AF3Y
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 04:07:30 PM »

You guys REALLY think that's gonna happen? 

Only Heaven Knows . . . then again - I have P5 on two bands. Anything is possible!
KD6KVL

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 08:49:23 PM »

On a long enough timeline, anything is possible.
We've seen entities come and go, and surprises as well.
I watched a youtube video of SV2ASP working an EU pile-up and the QRM'ers.
We will certainly need a big operation or very strange propagation to get there from W6!
Many guys out here have it, but we now have all this wonderful technology that helps the lids not have to learn how to tune and discover DX.
In this day and age of instant spot pile-ups, and the sizes of them, its tougher, but tuning the bands still works for me.
I'm amazed at some of the stuff that isn't spotted, and greatful.
I don't spot a lot of stuff, to leave it as long as possible for the guys who are tuning for new ones and no cluster jumping.
I know guys who have decent DXCC totals who can't handle real pile-ups, that were developed by cluster jumping all day and working all the easy stuff.
Its nice when a big pile-up happens and suddenly they get dismayed and start blaming everything but themselves, like PT0S!

As far as Athos, some day it will happen, and we'll all be on here b*tching about it until were in the log!

Frank KG6N
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »

With 12 years of DX-ing, I'm at #330 that count plus 4 deleted that don't count toward HR.

Many of these were "impossible" or "impossible from the West Coast" . . .  Grin

I missed VP8THU because I was a newbie and thought VP8GEO was the same entity as VP8THU. I also missed FT5GA - Glorioso - never heard them.

The good news is Heard Island coming up in a year, and I'm going to predict that two of what I need get activated in 2013 and that I work at least one of them. In fact, I even expect at least one to pop up in the Spring - maybe March or so - close to the "Vernal Equinox". Just a gut feeling . . .

I'm actually excited that at this point its a surprise. Its fun to second guess what will "pop up" this year. And my new stack will be aimed straight at it!

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: