Wishlist for 2013
- Install the Dxengg preamp on the 80/160m W7IUV flag.
- Relocate the K9AY loop further away to compare with the flag.
- Perhaps go through the pain and install the 80m 4-Square.
My wife showed the yard to her friend who was complaining that her hubby is
making a mess of the house with wires. Now she was gonna go and
apologize to him. So the cobweb on the ground in terms or radials will grow 3 fold
with the 4-Sq.
- Install the butternut HF6V for a backup antenna and for use on the remote station setup.
- stop buying crap and then looking for a project
- Tune the second wire for the 80m vertical, so swr is flat over both cw & ssb parts of the band.
Actions that worked for 2012
- Installing the Steppir DB18 early in the year helped 40m/30m hunting.
- Battling mother nature to let the 3ele steppir rotate un-impeded by tree limb growth
Hiring tree climbers like 4 times a year ($$$).
- Installation of the W7IUV flag - helped work 5T on 160m/80m. I could hear
ZL9 on 80m when they were working EU.
- Installed the 80m and 160m verticals. The 80m vertical has much better
performance on the long haul over 4000 miles as compared to the G5RV at 65ft.
- Addition of the legal limit amp and the big palstar tuner
- Addition of audio Peak/Notch filter to work the weak ones on 80/160m