Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fldigi HowTo  (Read 8385 times)
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 05:50:41 AM »

I'm most probably going to get a SignaLink USB with the ACC cable.
After some more research, it seems there is no TX CI-V command for the 718, so no digital transmitting for a while.

You may not NEED the CI-V thingie to transmit with your 718.  I'm using a Signalink USB with my FT-950 and no separate keying line; I've got VOX enabled for the digital input on the back, so when I send a stream to the transmitter, it triggers "digital vox" (check your 718's manual) and sends just fine.  I use it for PSK and RTTY all the time!

I might be able to transmit with the SignaLInk, but I still need a way for CQRlog to read my operating frequency.

Thanks,

Rick KK4GGL
AE5J

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 07:51:22 AM »

Just a thought. When you order the SignaLink USB, they have pre-wired modules for various radios that make the internal jumper setting of the SignaLink fool proof.

The wiring itself is not hard, but I can actually change my SignaLinks to work with my different radios in less than 30 seconds and am assured that the wiring inside is correct. Pretty good bargain for $8 or so when you order.
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 06:59:05 AM »

Just a thought. When you order the SignaLink USB, they have pre-wired modules for various radios that make the internal jumper setting of the SignaLink fool proof.

The wiring itself is not hard, but I can actually change my SignaLinks to work with my different radios in less than 30 seconds and am assured that the wiring inside is correct. Pretty good bargain for $8 or so when you order.

Every time something is made fool proof, somebody comes up with a better fool :-)

Thanks for the info. I hadn't paid any attention to the wiring modules. I'll look into them.

Rick KK4GGL
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: