Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Shack HTX-242 Help  (Read 7692 times)
YONU

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 01:48:51 PM »

OK well thanks for the help I am sorry I bothered everyone I will figure it out on my own

Yonu
Kk4njc
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 10:02:39 PM »

It is a vertical Dipole now due to space the antenna is mounted about 5ftbeside 10ftover the incoming service cable from the power company yes I know a safety nono but could that actually cause enough interference to drown out the signal?.

I don't know your definition of service cable. However, if this cable is an open power line of some high voltage, and it seems it may well be, I strongly recommend you move your antenna away from it asap. We all certainly want to see you here for longer time. 'He knew the risk' would make a bad inscription on a tombstone.

To answer your question, any metal in the vicinity of an antenna will bring influences. It may influence the directivity, it may change the electromagnetic field to your advantage or disadvantage. From this point it might even be a better idea to move the antenna away.
YONU

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2013, 10:57:16 PM »

I am planning to the placement was temporary for testing purposes and until I can get a permanent mount made for the roof
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 03:56:38 AM »

One final point.  Once a friend of mine had a problem similar to yours.  He couldn't figure it out, and since I was a distance away from him, I couldn't just go over to look at his installation.  It went on for a couple of months and he wasn't getting anywhere--until one day when I was in his area and stopped in.  It seems that he took the easy way out when running his co-ax, and had run it under a window.  When it came time to close the window, he just closed it--right onto the co-ax, smashing the co-ax flat.

The point I'm trying to make is this: something that isn't considered to be important turned out to be just that, and nobody who he talked to (including myself) even thought about something like that.  Your problem could turn out to be similar in that something that you don't realize is important may be being overlooked--and that is what is causing the problem.  There are just too many possibilities to be able to think about every one of them without knowing about/seeing the installation.  73!
YONU

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »

well I got it working I dropped it off with a local ham that had worked on them before it turns out that it was the tone settings but some settings in the menu that didn't reset with the memory reset.

Thanks agin for the help,
Reg
KK4NJC
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 07:42:20 AM »

Glad you finally got it going OK.  73!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: