Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A25RJ Botswana and recent 15M condx  (Read 1552 times)
N3QE

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2013, 06:45:43 AM »

Before I had to leave for work this AM, A25RJ Botswana (there for the next few days) was on 15M mostly working JA's. While he probably had the beam pointed away from me, he was clear as day at my QTH in MD. Not an ATNO for me but would be nice to get some bandfills, I saw he has been on 12M too where I do need him.

Wondering out loud if I was hearing him off the back of his beam, or if his beam was going 3/4 of the way around the world to reach me :-)

15M over the weekend in the All-Asian CW, was remarkable here on the East Coast of US. JA's, BA's, BY's, 9V, HS, HL, 9M2, all coming in just wonderfully, pretty much around the clock, and very few had any over-the-pole fuzz/flutter.

I'm kinda surprised because a week ago there were basically no sunspots. Local experts tell me the low A index is what really is key to these prime conditions in our summertime.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 06:47:48 AM by N3QE » Logged
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:00:17 AM »

I don't think I have ever heard Mongolia during the afternoon hours here in N. Texas. No flutter like you noted.

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 08:46:14 AM »

I was quite surprised to get TA3AX last night on 12M for a bandfill--00:43Z--with just 100 watts to a flagpole vertical.  Already confirmed via LoTW!  Grin
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 11:13:56 AM »

Laos, Indonesia and Brunei were all coming in quite strongly via LP yesterday morning on 15m.

John AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com/blog
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »

Got A25RJ on 40 tonight. Rather easy.

- WX2S

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 07:23:58 PM »

Got him on 40 with 100w to a dipole.  Grin

Zack W1VT
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:44:44 PM by W1VT » Logged
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 01:22:33 AM »

Oh, yeah? I got him on 40 with a milliwatt to a Muller egg noodle. Wink Wink Cheesy

73, -WX2S

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 04:30:36 PM »

Fun and jokes aside, although he was not ATNO for me I really wanted to work him but man was his signal weak, I actually spun the Dial just after trying to hear A25RJ and found a station from the Phillipines via LP that was consistently audible but A25RJ has been on the noice floor every day that I have tried and thats at peak times.

BTW on a seperate note I made a contact with a station from the United Nations global service in Italy at about 1730Z with the call 4U1GSC and I noticed that HRD logbook says its ATNO but I already have United Nations I think from New York or something else confirmed.  Does anybody know exactly how this works, it cant be that each UN office is a seperate entity  Huh  Huh
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 06:57:17 PM »

BTW on a seperate note I made a contact with a station from the United Nations global service in Italy at about 1730Z with the call 4U1GSC and I noticed that HRD logbook says its ATNO but I already have United Nations I think from New York or something else confirmed.  Does anybody know exactly how this works, it cant be that each UN office is a seperate entity  Huh  Huh

4U1GSC counts for Italy.

Clublog "call tester" tool is a very valuable tool for oddball calls and what DXCC they count for.

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 01:38:21 AM »

4U1GSC counts for Italy.

Clublog "call tester" tool is a very valuable tool for oddball calls and what DXCC they count for.

Thank you.
I had a feeling that HRD was producing wrong data. I will be getting the latest version this weekend, hopefully it has a better lookup than the older version 5.24

73s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: