Call Search
     

New to Ham Radio?
My Profile

Community
Articles
Forums
News
Reviews
Friends Remembered
Strays
Survey Question

Operating
Contesting
DX Cluster Spots
Propagation

Resources
Calendar
Classifieds
Ham Exams
Ham Links
List Archives
News Articles
Product Reviews
QSL Managers

Site Info
eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What now?  (Read 6064 times)
KD2BQM
Member

Posts: 2




Ignore
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »

Hi All,

I just took and passed my Extra on 12/21/12.  When the VE asked me if I wanted to request a different call sign or keep my current one, I told him I would keep my current one for now.  However after thinking about it, I would like to request one that I found is available...(My initials).  I guess I should wait until my upgrade comes through before requesting a vanity call sign, but am afraid that if I wait, the call sign could end up being gone.

I'm afraid of messing up the whole works if I try to do anything now.

on the horns of a dilema and looking for advice,
Bob
KD2BQM/AE
Logged
W3HF
Member

Posts: 700


WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »

If the call you want is restricted to Extras, then you MUST wait until the upgrade is posted before you apply. Otherwise your app is guaranteed to be denied.

If the call you want is NOT restricted to your new license class, and you are eligible for it with the license class that is now shown for you on the ULS, you CAN apply without affecting your upgrade. There's a place on the application form that asks if you have another application pending with the FCC. Just answer yes and put whatever info you have (e.g., upgrade to Extra passed on 21 Dec).
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!