Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What now?  (Read 6064 times)
KD2BQM

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »

Hi All,

I just took and passed my Extra on 12/21/12.  When the VE asked me if I wanted to request a different call sign or keep my current one, I told him I would keep my current one for now.  However after thinking about it, I would like to request one that I found is available...(My initials).  I guess I should wait until my upgrade comes through before requesting a vanity call sign, but am afraid that if I wait, the call sign could end up being gone.

I'm afraid of messing up the whole works if I try to do anything now.

on the horns of a dilema and looking for advice,
Bob
KD2BQM/AE
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »

If the call you want is restricted to Extras, then you MUST wait until the upgrade is posted before you apply. Otherwise your app is guaranteed to be denied.

If the call you want is NOT restricted to your new license class, and you are eligible for it with the license class that is now shown for you on the ULS, you CAN apply without affecting your upgrade. There's a place on the application form that asks if you have another application pending with the FCC. Just answer yes and put whatever info you have (e.g., upgrade to Extra passed on 21 Dec).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: