Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Czech Morse Key  (Read 2601 times)
VK2GAZ

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2012, 07:35:20 PM »

Czech Morse Key
It is fantastic to relate a story which strengthens your faith in the Amateur Radio fraternity.

On the 01 Dec 12, I placed an order with Mike Bowthorpe G0CVZ ( http://www.czechmorsekeys.co.uk) for one of his highly rated Czech Morse Keys. Promptly, the next day I received acknowledgement of my payment and that the key had been posted that day.

On the 10 Dec 12 the mail man arrived on the doorstep with a registered package, it was my key. Only 10 days from Peterborough, UK to Richmond, Australia. However, despite the key being well packaged, parts had been damaged in transit. I email Mike explaining the situation and included a few pictures of the damage and asked how I could have the key replaced, fully expecting to have to pay for at least postage if not a little more.

The emails followed something along these lines:

Hi Charles
Sorry to hear about the key I will send another today.

Hi Mike,
I am happy to return this key to you if you wish or pay whatever you deem to be a fair price for the replacement key.

Hi Charles
No need to return the key, you will have some spares.

The key was shipped today 10th Dec 2012 UK PO Ref: RU 1227…….
Now that is what I call service, the new key arrived today, 24 Dec 12 (Christmas Eve), in pristine condition and at no extra cost. The Czech key lives up to its impressive reviews, lovely to use, will now be my main key.

If any Fists member or other Amateur Radio Op for that matter wishes to invest a few dollars in a new key, Mike G0CVZ is the guy to deal with, his service is outstanding and the key is a real winner.

Many thanks’ Mike, an absolute pleasure doing business with you.

73 …. (Charles) Garry Cottle VK2GAZ
Fists #14151
SKCC #5460
A1 Club #2112
CW Operators QRP Club #121
2E0OZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 10:35:51 AM »

Mike is a pleasure to deal with and I too love my Czech Army key. Richmond eh? I'm a HAC Old Boy.  Grin

Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
George Orwell
AB9NZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »

Mike is a member of the Essex CW Group, a really great bunch of guys.
KG6IRW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 08:54:43 PM »

I, too, ordered one of these keys last spring.  Imagine my surprise when the package arrived here in California with a teped-up hole in the package with a card board insert inside stating that it had arrived into the US without the product!

I took pictures of the package and notified Mike.  He was on vacation and still answered my email immediately.  As soon as he got back ,I received a replacement package in a couple of days.

The key is really cool..  I use it turned around so that my palm is resting on the case.  I amretty sure thos is the way it was designed.  Would love to find a leg holster it would fit into.

Mike is a great seller so add one theseto your collection.  I will be using it on Straight Key Night next week.

Cheers,

David
2E0OZI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 09:30:01 AM »

Maybe catch you there???  Grin

Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
George Orwell
W8AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:07:26 AM »

I bought one and it arrived quickly and is in perfect NOS condition.  For US hams, if you want to make an adapter for the plug, I dug out an old bakelite National dual banana jack with an oval insulator.  Jacks spaced 3/4 inch, and the plug fits absolutely perfectly.  Any unmounted banana jacks ought to work too, I suppose.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:09:35 AM by W8AAZ » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: