Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voting for the best DXPedition of 2012  (Read 1975 times)
AJ4RW

Ignore
« on: December 24, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »

Sorry, I didn't mean to take away from the other topic.
I would like to vote but

I don't like to complain, it's a waste of time.  DX-World is one of the best websites for amateur radio dxers but it seems to me that the voting for the best dxpedition is impossible.  That "captcha" setup is the worst I've ever encountered when registering and I'm unable to gain access to the voting site.  I've had 2 other people try their hand at entering the right sequence of characters/numbers without success.  I know the "captcha" is a must.  It has a black background with shades of gray scattered around.  The problem is that some of the characters are colored gray and go right into the shaded gray area plus some other characters that are colored are maybe a shade or two off the black.  Yet some are okay and easily recognizable.  Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck next year.  I'm done venting.  Hope no one has the same problem. Angry Angry Angry
Randy AJ4RW
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 01:45:28 PM »

Randy..... I had a little trouble with it as well, but finally just decided to refresh it until I could see it well enough.  Give it another try Cheesy, your vote IS important.

73, Gene AF3Y
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 02:05:41 PM »

Actually Gene, I've tried it 3 different times.  I got so tired of refreshing the caption that I believe I went through all the phrases.  Thanks for the idea though and after this I will try it one more time.
Randy
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »

It took me two attempts. I have seen worse.
KD6KVL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »

I went through it more than 10 times and tried upper and lower case, wouldn't work for me, bummer.
Frank KG6N
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 09:02:41 PM »

I tried it several times myself and couldn't get the Captcha to work. So I'll wait until they get it fixed otherwise I won't bother to vote. My choice will be 7O6T as 1, HK0NA in second, and then PT0S. Actually they all deserve an award for the fantastic job they did for the DX'ing community.

John K7KB
MM0NDX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 01:13:46 AM »

REFRESH the CAPTCHA until you can see obvious letters/numbers. Use keyboard CAPS LOCK then you are in. The new poll platform is developed to use some very strict techniques that accept ONLY real voters instead of fake and/or dummy ones - very common "practice" on internet surveys nowadays. Unfortunately, this may cause problems to readers using particular settings on their Operative Systems and browsers due to unusual behaviours with cookies and cached files.

Contact IK8LOV if you have further issues.

Thanks es MX

Col, MM0NDX
DX World.net
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 04:53:18 AM »

Shaaaaaaazam!
After a good nights sleep and contemplating the situation during my sleep, I conquered the problem.  I'm not a good loser.  Woke up and  went directly to a computer that runs OS Windows XP.  My main computer runs OS windows 7 and I'm running the latest IE which I believe is IE9.  There must be a security provision that blocks the process.  First attempt and I got registered.  Now I have to wait for the "error 503" message to clear from the website.  Good to know I'm not going blind or losing my mental facilities.

Merry Chrismas 73 Randy
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 07:17:33 AM »

Voting for your favorite dxpedition is more difficult than working the dxpedition itself Cheesy  It's a sign of the times.

Merry Christmas to all.

Jonathan W6GX
WB3CQM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »

REFRESH the CAPTCHA until you can see obvious letters/numbers. Use keyboard CAPS LOCK then you are in. The new poll platform is developed to use some very strict techniques that accept ONLY real voters instead of fake and/or dummy ones - very common "practice" on internet surveys nowadays. Unfortunately, this may cause problems to readers using particular settings on their Operative Systems and browsers due to unusual behaviours with cookies and cached files.

Contact IK8LOV if you have further issues.

Thanks es MX

Col, MM0NDX
DX World.net

I truly understand what you point out. But here is my problem at the present time I am going blind . The surgery to correct this is not till
Feb. 11 2013. I have blurred vision in both eyes but double vision in the right eye. The vision gets worse each day. Good news is doctors say they can restore vision back to when it was corrected 2 years ago.

I speak on behalf of others that have poor vision. I for one refuse to  ask for help for this absurd way of voting . They need to find a better system.

If all you all you are having this problem to vote what do you think my chance are to vote ?

I would seek assistance to read the captcha  , but NOT NOW that I read these post !

73 JIM

KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 06:16:20 AM »

I never received a confirmation email after registering. Captcha is fine though - hi hi. (And yes, I did check my email spam folder . . . . )

KD6KVL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »

I went back and used caps lock instead of shift for the capitals and it worked.
I little quirky, but oh we'll.
Wb3cqm, Jim, message me what expedition you choose, and I'll make a vote for you.
Frank KG6N
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: