Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Production Junker Keys???  (Read 3848 times)
KF6OCI

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »

I keep reading that Junker Keys are still being
produced, but no where can I find out where, or
find a website for them.

Does anyone know of a website for the current
company producing Junker Keys??? Or how to get them??

Thanks,

Dan
DJ1YFK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 11:08:05 PM »

Hello,

the Junker keys are still in production at Josef Junker GmbH in Bad Honnef, near Bonn. Their website is in German only (http://www.joseph-junker-gmbh.de/), the relevant pages would be http://www.joseph-junker-gmbh.de/Morsetaste.html for some information on the key itself, and http://www.joseph-junker-gmbh.de/Kontakt.html for contact (Vertrieb = sales).

I guess you can write an email in English to ask for prices and shipping cost, the site doesn't list any prices. Not sure what to expect, but it won't be nearly as cheap as if you found an used Junker on ebay or so...

73, Fabian

KF6OCI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »

Thank You Very Much.

Dan
VE3GNU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 07:58:06 AM »

Dan, this paddle is available from Morse Express in the US---listed at $99.00---
Google: Morse Express

Good luck---
Ernie
W8ZNX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 01:34:39 AM »

Ernie is right
got my Junker from Morse Express
its one hell of a great straight key
at 99 bucks its a real deal

see

www.morsex.com/keys.html

dit dit
mac
GM0WEZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 06:52:19 AM »

I don't think you will be disappointed with a Junker. Here in the UK a lot of straight keys are heavy and brass (eg Kent straight key and the GPO keys) but I prefer the low inertia of the Junker. A bit like a J38 but with rather more solid Teutonic engineering. The fact it has been going so long says something about it.

I guess you are looking for a new one? Used post war Junkers are readily available on German ebay. I think they are either Bundeswehr surplus (olive green with Nato stock number) or come in silver - presumably for civilian use.

Wartime models are marked DRP (Deutsches Reichspatent) and seem to carry increased collector appeal. Some say they feel better - I wonder about this as the only difference I can see is that the adjustment knob is engraved, the DRP designation, and the paint job. I would quite like one, if nothing else for the satisfaction of turning what used to belong to the Nazi government to a rather more civilised use.

AF4XK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 03:39:44 PM »

Hello to all and FYI,

I contacted the Joseph Junker company mentioned above and inquired about the price of the current production Junker straight key. I received the following reply:

"We take polite reference to your email from 20.02.09
The Morse key is for us in pure handwork.
The price is 235,00 Euro per piece, the shipping fee to USA via DHL is 35.00 euro.
Delivery: by prepayment
When ordering, you receive the bank data is sent via email.
Regards"

KF6OCI

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »

GOOD JOB!!!!!

Thank You,

Dan
KR5TX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »

WOW - 235,00 Euros = 320.94 U.S. dollars!
VE3WMB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 05:48:39 PM »

I would suggest that if you really want a Junker order one from Morse
Express (www.morsex.com). These are not new but the one that I got is easily a 9.5/10 cosmetically and a 10/10 mechanically.  When I talked to Marshall last fall he didn't have any of the older models with the click-stop left (which I think is actually a good thing).

For $US99 you can get a Junker that is almost new. I am 100% satisfied with mine.

Michael VE3WMB
NOTBOB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 10:08:55 PM »

To all those suggesting a Junker key from Morse Express, be aware they are no longer selling these keys.  I talked to them around the first week in Apr (2010) and they said the last crop of surplus Junkers were so poor, they didn't bother to order any more.  They have yet to update their webesite with this current info.

notbob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: