Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dx4win ver 8.05 lotw problem unable to create adif file  (Read 3860 times)
W4RS

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »

hi guys and gals,
i posted this in dx forum also.
when i go to upload to lowt, i set pref to lotw, set lotw upload flag then export to lotw,then instead of getting the select the adif file to load to, i get a popup saying, could not find adif filter. and that ends the upload attempt! any ideas?
jim, w4rs  du3/w4rs
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 03:37:54 PM »

Try contacting Jim Reisert to get another filter file.  This thread discusses the problem

http://www.mail-archive.com/dx4win@mailman.qth.net/msg15275.html
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 03:42:13 PM »

Also could get fixed by reinstall

http://www.mail-archive.com/dx4win@mailman.qth.net/msg12299.html

W4RS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 02:00:28 AM »

thanks for the answer's. if i uninstall it? what happens to the log? and mine was uploaded from web site, so no disk ! and i am not, repeat not computer savy!
jim w4rs  du3/w4rs
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »

Jim, please email me offline and we can chat.  wd4elg@arrl.net

In the meantime, please take immediate steps including making a backup of the key files before you do anything else.

Here is some good info on backing up key files. http://dx4win.ad1c.us/appnotes/backup.html  Please do that ASAP.

Then save your settings by writing your INI file to the desktop FILE->PREFERENCES->FILE->WRITE INI FILE (and save it to your desktop).  http://www.dx4win.com/HelpVer804/index.html?mwfpwriteini.htm

I think the recommendation to reinstall was to install on top of the existing installation, not to uninstall then reinstall.  But backing up the files first is always a good idea.
W4RS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03:04 AM »

hi all,
well i took dx4win off the computer, downloaded a new copy, and 11 hrs later got it going!!
mark i sure wish i had see your meg first! thank goodness i have a cd copy of my logs. it was difficult to get the new program to load them, but finally i got it done!
thanks so much to all
jim w4rs  du3/w4rs
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »

OUSTANDING, Jim.  Check out the DX4WIN message boards, there are a lot of great ideas and discussions there.

Are you active from DU3 now?  Sure would like to work you on HF!  Happy New Year, Jim.
W4RS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »

hi mark,
yes i finally got it to work, what a mess. at least i uploaded my log to arrl lotw and eqsl, so i can rest easy now. yep i am here, not to good a progration to the us, i can wk east coast on lp, but being retired means i have 500 things a day i want to do , and do none!
73's and gd dx harry new year, oh and my 1000mp became s-7 noise floor! took it to the local radio witch dr today! on my never fail ft-890 and the ft-847. i think i need to pick up a 990 when i go to the states for dr's checkup?> well see!
happy holiday's
jim w4rs  du3/w4rs
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 08:36:07 PM »

Jim, check out those Flex Radios...great with noise.

That Kenwood TS990 does look impressive!

Let us know if you need anything and can't get it while in DU land.  And send some warm weather across the equator, please!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: