Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SP-600 JX series RF strip (assy)  (Read 1166 times)
W7GIF

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »

I seem to recall that Hammarlund replaced the tubular caps in the SP-600 JX RF strip (assy) with disk ceramics. Does anyone know which of the JX-xx had RF assy's with the ceramic caps?

Thankls....
KG6YV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 10:58:51 AM »

SP600-JX21 and later had no black beauty tubular caps.  I had a JX14 and it still used them in the turret and the rf deck.  Everything under the chassis was bathtub caps mounted on the sides of the under carriage.

FYI
W7GIF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »

SP600-JX21 and later had no black beauty tubular caps.  I had a JX14 and it still used them in the turret and the rf deck.  Everything under the chassis was bathtub caps mounted on the sides of the under carriage.

FYI
Thanks. I remember replacing the tubulars in the RF strips of a couple of SP-600's several (OK, many) years ago, and don't look forward to ever doing it again. The SP-600 is my favorite SWL receiver, and if I can find a JX-21 (or later) one locally, I'd be a happy SWL.

Thankls again....
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 09:53:09 AM »

If I recall correctly there was somewhere from 20-30 of those caps throughout the receiver. I am blanking that part of my memory out as well.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »

Guess ya'll never recapped a Hammond B3 organ, changing all those wax paper caps to Sprague gumdrops. 

On the other hand, one can make some good money if they know how to do that and are willing to replace a few hunnert caps nice 'n neatly...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: