Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LoTW ON 1/6/13 (Cont of LoTW Delays & LoTW delays & Interesting ...)  (Read 1423 times)
K3VAT

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2013, 08:47:55 AM »

LoTW seems to be receiving uploads with no problem.  However, log processing has seemed to have stopped (as of at least yesterday morning when I started keep tabs).  Queues are steadily increasing.  It would be nice to get an update ... at least somewhat reassuring.  I believe that all (if not most) of us know lots of efforts are being made to provide increased reliability  and timeliness, so thanks for this.  73, Rich, K3VAT
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:30:09 AM »

I do not have anything confirmed after December 11th and I have been making regular uploads but I have been stuck on 12/11 for over a week now.

I think LoTW has added a lot to the hobby so I will wait for them to install the new equipment and hope we go back to the days where I'd get a LoTW confirmation in a very short time.

Chris/NU1O

AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 11:58:55 AM »

I recently emailed another ham about a probable missing LOTW entry for a previous contact, and here is a portion of his reply:

Dear Gene,

thank you for writing to me about this. I have been with LOTW since the beginning of their operations. The last few months have been a nightmare. I have no idea how many uploaded QSOs have been lost in their server. I have noticed many of my needed qsos are not uploaded. They are still loading qsos from December 2012. I will wait until they catch up to check my own log.

Our qsos on 12, 17 and 80 mtrs were uploaded. I have uploaded the 80 mtrs qso again.

He is in S. America, so the problem exists and is noticed and duly noted everywhere.... Angry

73, Gene AF3Y
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 12:46:26 PM »

Wait until LoTW gets the slew of logs from the RTTY-RU

The squirrel will CHOKE !
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 04:24:15 PM »

Heck, the squirrel will be DOA after the contest.  Thanks for the point Bill !
Randy
NQ3X

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 04:37:57 PM »

I upload once a week or so.  The most recent QSOs LotW lists for WP2XX are 1 DEC 12. 

Not promising.

Cheers,

Bob WP2XX

PS I prefer paper. Wink See my qrz.com listing.
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 05:22:45 PM »

Seems like someone heard ... just in from ARRL LoTW:

Jan 6, 2013: Log Processing is Turned Off -- Logs are being received OK and the website remains functional.  IT staff will need to clear some problems with the new hardware before log processing will continue.  Thanks for your patience.

Let's hope all goes well.  K3VAT

N6DZR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 05:24:48 PM »

Jan 6, 2013: Log Processing is Turned Off -- Logs are being received OK and the website remains functional.  IT staff will need to clear some problems with the new hardware before log processing will continue.  Thanks for your patience.

Maybe that means the new hardware is going online soon and it can start chewing on the 10+ million QSOs in the queue.

-Jeff
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 05:55:05 AM »

The LoTW Home page Logbook Status numbers are now again in the rise. Smiley

Logs are being processed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: