Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSK REPORTER- HOW TO INTERFACE THE INTERNET?  (Read 2807 times)
W6PJJ

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2012, 03:06:49 PM »

I have been fooling with the PSK-Reporter on their Site and with the Link to my Application FLDIGI. Looking at the Site information on the PSK-Reporte Site I'm not sure how the PSK31 receiving stations are reporting to the PSK-Reporter on the Internet obviously they allow their application to interface the WWW through their provider but the particulars elude me at this time. Is the reporting of the receiving station due to a particular application they are using for PSK31?
N1DQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 08:34:49 PM »

If you are a receiving station then you must run some type of digimode software with support for sending your spots to pskreporter.

For example, with fldigi, you have to click the Spot button in the main window.

If you go to http://pskreporter.info there is a list of (some of) the applications that I know about that support pskreporter.

The actual messages sent by the apps are short UDP packets and there is no response from the pskreporter server. Yes, some packets get lost, but the vast majority do not. This approach makes many things much easier and more secure.

Happy new Year

Philip
W6PJJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 04:13:39 PM »

Philip:

Thank you for your reply and the information. I have noticed in my readings that many PSKERS using applications other than FLDIGI report their success in configuring their applications to report to the PSKREPORTER Site. I have browsed around in my FLDIGI application but without some instruction... I am not about to make many changes now that is is working fine. HIHI.

TNX AGN,

Don

W6PJJ Cool
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 05:13:33 AM »

Thank you for your reply and the information. I have noticed in my readings that many PSKERS using applications other than FLDIGI report their success in configuring their applications to report to the PSKREPORTER Site. I have browsed around in my FLDIGI application but without some instruction... I am not about to make many changes now that is is working fine. HIHI.

Don,

In Fldigi, go to the "Configure" menu, "Misc" tab, "Spotting" tab, make sure that check marks are in all three boxes (Automatically spot.... Send reception report.... and Report rig frequency...).  The Host should be report.pskreporter.info.  The Port is 4739.  Click "Initialize" then "Save" and "close". 

Now in Fldigi's main screen, you'll need to click the "Spot" button in the upper right and you should be good to go.

Note that PSKReporter works best when you are using the SignalBrowser view.  So, "View" menu "View/Hide Channels". To turn that on.   The number of channels can be configured under the "Configure" menu, "UI" tab, "Browser". 

All of this, and much much more, is available at http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/index.html - Step-by-step directions on how to configure EVERYTHING in Fldigi. If you look on the right-hand column, there is a label for "PSK Reporter"

Also, I strongly recommend the LinuxHam mailing list on Yahoo Groups.  That is the support list for all Fl* programs for Linux and OS X.  Great support for any question you may have regarding Fldigi, and much more timely than posting on a web site forum.

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: