Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "PRO BONO" SCAMMERS a/k/a "FLIPPERS"  (Read 1316 times)
N9LCD

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2012, 06:08:25 PM »

I found out about "pro bono" scammers and "flipping" from one of my ads on eHam.

To avoid being a victim of these scumballs, I suggest:

1.  Ask if they are legally organized or registered in your state.  Non-profit organizations generally have to register with the State just like businesses.  In some states, they have to register with the Attorney General's Office.

2.  Ask if they have a Taxpayer Identification Number and what it is.  Everybody needs either a Social Security Number or a T.I.N to open a bank account.

3.  Ask if they are registered with the IRS as a 501.C3 charitable organization.  Ask them to show their papers from the IRS.

4.  Ask if they've ever filed a 1090 Information Return with the IRS.  Every charitable / n0n-profit organization taking in more than $30,000 MUST report to the IRS to maintain the "exempt" status.

Probably you won;t have to get through 2 through 4; #1 should be enough to send the scammers/flippers packing.

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING!!!

N9LCD
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »

2.  Ask if they have a Taxpayer Identification Number and what it is.  Everybody needs either a Social Security Number or a T.I.N to open a bank account....

Probably you won;t have to get through 2 through 4; #1 should be enough to send the scammers/flippers packing.

I'm glad you said what you did after, because giving out your social security number is like giving out an open invitation to get yourself ripped off.  73!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: