Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Trapless Yagi's Were "Better" Don't You Think  (Read 4170 times)
WB3CQM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 05:43:52 PM »

Please give me the call sign of these engineers , individual you spoke with . I will contact them my self. But people will say any thing to make a sale !

A friend of mine had a TH6DX up at 50 feet plus a A3 we ran many on the air test. He running a KW . Me using 100 watts, He could NEVER beat my Quad on receive or transmit . He took them down and put a 3 el Steppir up and DXing changed to the better for him.

Sorry They said - HE Said - They Said - You Say !

Read "Array of Light "

Besides that traps are subject to water and spiders getting in them.

Another friend of mine had hy-gain and crushcraft trapped beams and gave up on them and switched to Force 12, never to go back to trapped beam. Because of moisture and spiders in the traps.

Traps are a thing of the pass IMHO

End

73 JIM
KA7NIQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 09:13:55 AM »

Please give me the call sign of these engineers , individual you spoke with . I will contact them my self. But people will say any thing to make a sale !

A friend of mine had a TH6DX up at 50 feet plus a A3 we ran many on the air test. He running a KW . Me using 100 watts, He could NEVER beat my Quad on receive or transmit . He took them down and put a 3 el Steppir up and DXing changed to the better for him.

Sorry They said - HE Said - They Said - You Say !

Read "Array of Light "

Besides that traps are subject to water and spiders getting in them.

Another friend of mine had hy-gain and crushcraft trapped beams and gave up on them and switched to Force 12, never to go back to trapped beam. Because of moisture and spiders in the traps.

Traps are a thing of the pass IMHO

End

73 JIM
LOL, my "whole life" would improve, if I put up a 3
element SteppIR too!
Understand it has been many many years since I spoke to the engineers at Hy Gain, so I do not recall who it was I spoke to.

But, use your common sense here, for a minute.
You make trap triband yagi antennas, a trapless design comes out for a triband yagi, what DO you do ?
Allow this "superior design" to take your sales ?

Heck no, you test this antenna, to SEE if it is really better then your design. And if it is, then you copy or improve it.

AS far as "HE Said - They Said - You Say " goes, it is highly unlikely, IMHO, that your Quad with 100 watts would beat, let alone equal, a TH 6DXX with a Kilowatt.

LOL, unless the wind blew it 180 degrees off the mark.

I think modeling has show Quads are NOT the magical antennas some thought they were ?

Nearly every maker of Quad antennas has bit the dust, that may tell you something ?

Read this http://www.w8ji.com/quad_cubical_quad.htm

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:17:21 AM by KA7NIQ » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: