The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu VX-5R: Is there an internal lithium battery for memory?  (Read 1778 times)
WB1FFI

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2015, 06:56:02 AM »

I have had this Yaesu over 10 years and have replaced the main batteries several times, but the main memory always maintains itself. Recently, the main battery went low and memory was lost. Anyone familiar with this unit and know whether it has an internal lithium battery that can be changed out? And if so, do you know what type and how to change it? Thanks.
K9YLI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 08:56:36 AM »

Take the covers off and look. they are usually  pretty  obvious where and what type.
3032's are the most common .
WB1FFI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 06:07:33 AM »

Thanks for the obvious recommendation, but the tiny Phillips screws are extremely tight and I don't have a tiny screwdriver with enough torque to remove them. So it would be nice to know if there was indeed an internal battery to change, then I would have to find a proper screwdriver to enable removal of the back cover. Perhaps I should post this request in a different forum.
KC1BMD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 06:51:40 AM »

I hope I'm not off base here (I don't own any Yaesu equipment). When I read this post I was curious what my iCOM 756ProIII had for a memory backup battery. It is CR2032. That is a common battery found on many PC motherboards for years. It could be Yaesu uses a (larger) '3032'. Might be worthwhile confirming before purchasing... "measure twice, cut once" Smiley. Having said that, when I browsed the VX-5R manual on the Yaesu web site, I didn't seen any mention of any memory backup battery, certainly not like the ones mentioned above.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:31:04 PM by KC1BMD » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: