Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The higher we go, the more difficult it becomes...guaranteed  (Read 7120 times)
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »

Well, just to clarify, my opinion is based on what you wrote. Obviously I'd have to see it up close and personal if I were checking it as part of an application.

I understand it is an opinion based on what I wrote and what you saw on the internet.  I realize you aren't saying it will absolutely be accepted. I am still fine with your opinion.

Chris/NU1O
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:40:34 PM by NU1O » Logged
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »

I can work DX with JT65, but it is an acquired taste.  I've been assembling a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of Van Gogh's "Starry Night" while operating JT65.  I have found the long latency of such operating and a wireless mouse just doesn't work--I went back to using a hard wired mouse and everything works as it should.

Zack,

What is the most popular program for JT65 and will it work with my SignaLink USB?  I'd like to JT65.

Chris/NU1O
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »

I can work DX with JT65, but it is an acquired taste.  I've been assembling a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of Van Gogh's "Starry Night" while operating JT65.  I have found the long latency of such operating and a wireless mouse just doesn't work--I went back to using a hard wired mouse and everything works as it should.

Zack,

What is the most popular program for JT65 and will it work with my SignaLink USB?  I'd like to JT65.

Chris/NU1O

Chris,
Just do a google search for "jt65"
It will take you to the author of the software.

Here is a link I found on my copy of the program.
I found my copy from a google search.
www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/

I did some JT65 today, Greenland & Alaska on 10m.
I was bored.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:52:14 PM by KB3LIX » Logged
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2013, 09:03:59 PM »

JT65-HF is very popular.
VU2PTT

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2013, 10:05:31 PM »

Chris, this is a REAL long shot, but since it seems that Bruno is French military, why dont you try one or two of the recent 2009 French military Glorioso team. They "might" know him, or at least know of him and they "might" know how to get in touch with him.  Just another possibility.........  GL.........
  http://glorieuses2008.free.fr/index-e.htm

73, Gene AF3Y

Gene,

I have a QSL card for Juan de Nova.  It is not very neat since much is added by a pen but Peter, W2IRT, opines it has all the info needed to count for DXCC credit.

It is Prasad, VU2PTT, who needs a QSL for Juan de Nova.

Prasad, let me know if you have read this?

73 and thanks for checking,

Chris/NU1O

Gene, Chris,

Thanks for this idea - I am on it now Smiley

73 de Prasad VU2PTT

W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2013, 04:40:14 AM »

I use JT65-HF--worked TA11BM last night on 40 on JT-65 for number 115, then TI2OY on CW for #116.
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2013, 07:08:31 AM »

JT65-HF is very popular.

The JT65-HF program is MUCH easier to use than the princeton version.  It's available on SourceForge and via IZ4CZL.

The JT65 tones gave me a really bad earworm last year.  Couldn't stop whistling the tune.   Smiley

K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »

I don't do much JT65-HF anymore as it became too boring, especially after I got my beam up Smiley However, it did provide me with some nice DX when all I had was my vertical, such as Reunion (FR5ZU) on 40 meters. Also a few contacts with Europe on 80. It's amazing what JT65 can decode with no discernible signal that the human ear could not pick up in the noise.

John K7KB
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:51:41 AM by K7KB » Logged
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 02:19:33 PM »

JT65-HF is very popular.

The JT65-HF program is MUCH easier to use than the princeton version.  It's available on SourceForge and via IZ4CZL.

The JT65 tones gave me a really bad earworm last year.  Couldn't stop whistling the tune.   Smiley

Thanks! I downloaded it and printed out the 45 pages.  Do you run the program through an interface?  I use SignaLink USB, or are you using the sound card in your PC?

73 and thanks,

Chris/NU1O
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »

I don't do much JT65-HF anymore as it became too boring, especially after I got my beam up Smiley However, it did provide me with some nice DX when all I had was my vertical, such as Reunion (FR5ZU) on 40 meters. Also a few contacts with Europe on 80. It's amazing what JT65 can decode with no discernible signal that the human ear could not pick up in the noise.

John K7KB

When I read it could decode signals 10 dB under the noise level it caught my attention.  I seriously doubt I become a regular user of JT65 but part of the appeal of this hobby is keeping abreast of new technologies. I will give it a try and see how it goes.

Chris/NU1O
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2013, 01:45:01 AM »

JT65-HF is very popular.

Thanks! I downloaded it and printed out the 45 pages.  Do you run the program through an interface?  I use SignaLink USB, or are you using the sound card in your PC?

73 and thanks,

Chris/NU1O

Yes I use the audio from my pc soundcard through a USB MicroKeyer, and use the audio pot on the Microkeyer to manage my power out.  It's basically the same audio route as for psk or afsk rtty.  As the others have mentioned it is NOT a rate or ragchew mode (understatement) but it definitely allowed me to work stations on my limited setup that would not have been remotely possible on any other mode.  There 's also a "reverse beacon" site that allows you to see who's decoding you in the world, which can be enlightening from a propagation standpoint as well.   
http://jt65.w6cqz.org/receptions.php
VU2PTT

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2013, 11:16:27 AM »

Chris, this is a REAL long shot, but since it seems that Bruno is French military, why dont you try one or two of the recent 2009 French military Glorioso team. They "might" know him, or at least know of him and they "might" know how to get in touch with him.  Just another possibility.........  GL.........
  http://glorieuses2008.free.fr/index-e.htm

73, Gene AF3Y

Gene,

I have a QSL card for Juan de Nova.  It is not very neat since much is added by a pen but Peter, W2IRT, opines it has all the info needed to count for DXCC credit.

It is Prasad, VU2PTT, who needs a QSL for Juan de Nova.

Prasad, let me know if you have read this?

73 and thanks for checking,

Chris/NU1O

Gene, Chris,

Thanks for this idea - I am on it now Smiley

73 de Prasad VU2PTT

A noted French DXer who is in direct touch with Bruno F5OYM says that he heard from Bruno that the FR4FA/J logs were all transferred to F6FNU (SK). Bruno did not keep any copy.

So that looks like a lost cause and I just have to wait to see if anyone else will activate that Island group.

73 de Prasad VU2PTT

NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »

A noted French DXer who is in direct touch with Bruno F5OYM says that he heard from Bruno that the FR4FA/J logs were all transferred to F6FNU (SK). Bruno did not keep any copy.

So that looks like a lost cause and I just have to wait to see if anyone else will activate that Island group.

73 de Prasad VU2PTT

That's a real shame, Prasad.   Antoine, F6FNU was a manager for many stations.

I guess the lesson is to QSL the rare one's as quickly as possible.

Chris/NU1O

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: