Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuner and Amplifier Connection Order  (Read 3690 times)
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 03:30:57 AM »

There ain't nothing wrong with rookie questions,,we're trying to elmer each other to a great time with our hobby. Better to get a process figured out than to burn up expensive hardware.
And to the teacher type operators, try to leave out the deep theory stuff out of the explanations. Or simplify your reply so that it does not create more mumbo jumbo to a new operator.

Fred
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 07:31:48 AM »

And to the teacher type operators, try to leave out the deep theory stuff out of the explanations. Or simplify your reply so that it does not create more mumbo jumbo to a new operator.

What is deep theory? What are you referring to? I just re-read the thread and I don't see any deep theory. For example, deep theory here would be to introduce the conjugate matching theorem. Didn't happen... You can't leave out the details of a process and get anyone to understand the process vs do the process. It's easy to teach someone how to do a process, it's another thing entirely for them to understand why.

I try to teach both do and why here. If someone doesn't get it, that's not on me unless it was a horrible explanation. And if a questions reveals another question, we can't know that until the person asking questions asks the next question. Often this leads to deeper theory.

73 de N4CR, Phil

We are Coulomb of Borg. Resistance is futile. Voltage, on the other hand, has potential.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: