Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone ever work Marc HS0ZJU???.....  (Read 2448 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2013, 12:59:35 PM »

...and if so, about how long did it take you to get a direct qsl card?.....just curious as to what may be his usual TAT?.....Thanks

V
KA3NRX

N6ORB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »

I worked Marc on 20M through 10M in the fall of 2011. I didn't send for a card, since I was satisfied with getting him confirmed on LOTW.  Of course the way things are going with LOTW lately, you might get a paper card more quickly than an LOTW confirmation.

Dave, N6ORB
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 03:20:05 PM »

I have worked him as recently as April but I was also content with LoTW. I have Thailand confirmed with QSLs from other stations.

Chris/NU1O
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »

I mailed my card August 4, 2012. Got his card just 10 days later August 14. That's what my records say, but that seems a bit too quick.
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 07:08:41 PM »

I worked Marc on 8/4/12 and received LOTW confirmation on 8/6/12. I read on his QRZ page that he would take PayPal for postage on a paper card, so I sent a couple of dollars and he mailed his card on 8/7/12. (I found the envelope.) I didn't record when I received it for some reason but it was fast. Marc is very responsive.

Eric
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:01 AM »

I sent my card with 2 green stamps postage on October 24, with no reply yet.....Perhaps I should of used the paypal route, but I am not sure how that works..... I will give it a few more weeks and see if it shows up in the mail box.....

V
KA3NRX

NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 09:40:51 AM »

I sent my card with 2 green stamps postage on October 24, with no reply yet.....Perhaps I should of used the paypal route, but I am not sure how that works..... I will give it a few more weeks and see if it shows up in the mail box.....

V
KA3NRX

If I don't get a QSL in three months I send a polite email inquiring whether my card was received. Most don't answer the emails but I am not going to send another QSL with $ if the email was not even answered.

Today I got a reply to an email from a manager.  It turns out I only included $2 and the other station wanted $3. My QSL will go through the buro instead. I'm fine with that and appreciated the reply. I should've checked the station's policy on QRZ rather than assume it would be $2. I usually do check but that was just one of those stupid mistakes.

Chris/NU1O
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 03:06:48 AM »

Well I just heard from Marc after my e-mail to him:

Hi Vince

looks like are qso was 10/21/2012   19:38   18.130

Sorry I do not have a record of receiving a card in my log.

73 marc hs0zju

Oh that's a bummer...Now I have to re-submit....How do I do paypal while sending a regular mail card?.....Thailand is a rareity form me, and the qso being on 17 meters, well, I want the card.....anyone have any advice on how to do this?.....and have the card reach it's destination?.....

V
KA3NRX

P.S. Again, I don't do LOTW....I realize in this day and age I should, but I don't.....

KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 05:46:51 AM »

Go to paypal.com. At the top right corner, you will see a button that says "Sign up". Follow the instructions (easy).

After you have an account, at "paypal.com", click the button on top that says "send money".

Enter Marc's address listed on his QRZ page "funbiz@gmail.com". NOTE: this is a different email from the main one listed at the top of his QRZ page.

Enter the amount you want to send. He asks for $2.00. "Goods" should be already selected. There are other options that can save you the fees but I don't mess with that for small amounts. I won't get into the debate here Smiley

Click "Continue".

You can then review everything, there is a spot to enter a short message if you like,  and hit "Send Money".

That is it.

Eric
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 09:37:57 AM »

I appreciate the info...I am not sure, however that I understand this, though....I have only used paypal when requesting a qsl card from a dxpedition, where the site linked into paypal right after I would fill out the qso information.....When doing this, do I make the request online with the paypay transaction, or do I send the card via snail mail after I make the paypal transaction?.....not sure what to do...

V
KA3NRX
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »

Oh ya, in the box for the wxtra info, put you call sign and QSO info and say "thanks for the QSO" or something like that. You do not send your card. I am typing fro. my phone so I will check this tonight and see if you got it.(I can't see my phone very well)

Eric
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 03:14:51 PM »

ok....got it all...made the request just now....thanks much for the info....

V
KA3NRX
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 04:28:40 PM »

I mailed my card August 4, 2012. Got his card just 10 days later August 14. That's what my records say, but that seems a bit too quick.

Correction. I did do the PayPal route. Then I sent e-mail to Marc, containing my mailing address and QSL information.  Marc replied on August 5 2012:

hi bob

yes you are in the log no worries........going to the post office tuesday (monday in the states)

73s marc hs0zju
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »

Sent the pay pay request out January 16, and still nothing.....I even got a response that the card was sent.....I don't get it....Can't wait for when stamps go up even higher and we no longer have Saturday delivery...... Roll Eyes Angry.....
HS0ZJU

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 01:36:54 AM »

Sent the pay pay request out January 16, and still nothing.....I even got a response that the card was sent.....I don't get it....Can't wait for when stamps go up even higher and we no longer have Saturday delivery...... Roll Eyes Angry.....

Cards to the states take a minimum of 14 days. I send a lot of direct and this has been the history.  Your card was personaly sent by me the day i sent you a email. The envelope is printed with your address and my return address. My question is have you received your card?

73 marc hs0zju
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: