Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Interface for Icom 737A  (Read 410 times)
KM5PS

Ignore
« on: April 13, 2009, 07:03:20 PM »

I am trying to find a Interface cable or make one so that I can use my Bencher paddles along with my logging software. I am currently using N1MM, CT and N3FJP logging software. My Radio only has one CW jack in the back.  So currently when using the logging software I have to either use only the program or only my Paddles with my internal Keyer. I also have a couple of MFJ memory keyers but that are not working no longer. That is what I was using along with my logging software for an external Keyer. I would like to be able to use my Bencher Paddles along with my logging software but have not figured out yet how to do that, so I thought that I would come here and ask for some advice. I have seen one Interface from the TRLog website-Model 3 but do not know if it is talking about a external electronic  keyer or being able to use my current Keyer. I would greatly appreciate any advice on this issue.
73's
John-KM5PS
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 07:45:23 AM »

The K1EL "WinKeyer" (now replaced by the USB WinKeyer) is specifically designed to solve this problem.  It takes ASCII output from N1MM, lets you plug in your paddle, and has a "speed" knob on the front.  It plugs into the "key" jack on the rig.

I used it at my club's last Field Day -- it's brilliant.  It's got "5 out of 5" reviews on eHam, if you won't take my word for it.

Charles

W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 10:11:26 AM »

John,

I think VA7CPC is correct. If you have only one key jack, there must be a switch on the 737 panel that switches between the internal keyer and an external keyer.

So to use N1MM and your Bencher, you need an external keyer and a 2-conductor plug to the 737 with two inputs. One input for the computer output, and one for the keyer output. Radio Shack sells this type of plug. Set the 737 for external keyer.

At least that's my understanding based on your post which is somewhat confusing.

73, Jim
KM5PS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 05:57:54 PM »

Thanks Charles for your input. I went to Winkey website and went ahead and ordered one. Looks like it will do exactly what I need.  Thanks again.
John-KM5PS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: