Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QSL.NET -- Malware?  (Read 2279 times)
WA7RBC

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2013, 07:00:25 PM »

When I attempt to access qsl.net, my computer antivirus (Webroot) stops my browser and displays a screen saying that the site contains malware.  

Can anyone vouch that the site is OK? Maybe Webroot is being a little paranoid. Huh  

I'm using Win7 and IE9.  73,  Ron.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:23:22 PM by WA7RBC » Logged
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:28:04 PM »

Hello, I just went to QSL.NET and had no problems with the website. I also have Windows 7 and Explorer 9. I use Avast Antivirus software and received no Malware information. I will not say for sure if the site is clean as Avast is free Antivirus software, but it has always worked well for me,

Hope this helps

73s

K2OWK
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 09:14:37 AM »

Depends on the antivirus software you're using.  In most cases antivirus software doesn't detect malware. 

Is is possible you've picked up malware and that is what is flagging you?  Do you get a window telling you to buy a particular anti-malware program to get rid of this problem?  If you do, then you need a program to rid yourself of this malware.  Your antivirus software probably won't get rid of the malware.

N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 09:44:50 AM »

Had the same warning on Eham a couple of times already....and on QTH.  So who knows...
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 09:17:29 AM »

ad servers are often tricked by slicksters into serving up java or flash ads that contain drive-by malware.  the individual websites taking ads are victims like we are.  it's the web ad services that are the usual culprits, causing blocks on even reputable websites.

it's policing by complaint, so email the webmaster and say you are getting blocks against them.  they have to get the ad server outfits to whack the bad ads.

hacks me off, makes me reach for the soldering gun, but I can't access the right terminal to stop it.
WA7RBC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 12:33:56 PM »

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense!  That explains why Webroot blocks so many sites!
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 09:28:40 PM »

hi,

Malwarebytes has a no cost version,
you run it when you want to, it is  not automatic.
works very well.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

73 james
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: