Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R & L Electronics Outstanding  (Read 19675 times)
KT4DLB

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2013, 02:36:57 AM »

I have ordered from R & L Electronics 2 times in the last month and their service is outstanding. I would place the order and  would get a confirmation email and in a little while I would then get a email telling I would have my order in two days. Both times I have got my order in the two days just as they stated. Also their prices are great too. I would highly recommend them as someone to check with when you need ham equipment.

73  Lamar
KK4NZO
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 03:57:55 AM »

I live in Ontario Canada and I ordered from R&L back in December. Had a Hy Gain TH2 shipped to my brother in IN. It arrived 2 days after I ordered it. No hassles dealing with a different shipping address, and not my billing address.

Saved $200 on the cost of that beam by buying it there instead of here. I would do business with them again.

Years ago my late Father bought an Icom 735 from R&L. So that is how I knew about them.
KT4DLB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 01:55:35 AM »

It's good to know that they are still doing business like they did with your Father. I hope they continue for a very long long time.

73  Lamar
KK4NZO
WA8KAZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 08:29:27 AM »

R & L is my supplier of first choice.

Wayne, WA8KAZ
KATEKEBO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 10:56:30 AM »

I also like R&L a lot.  Never had a problem with them (including when returning a defective product).  They have excellent selection in stock, and usually the lowest price.
S. Bucki
KD8KQH
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 06:55:51 AM »

If you ever get a chance to go their store, it's worth it.  Definitely old school.  Stuff in bins, stacked on shelves, you name it.  No points for neatness....almost has a flea market feel.  They have a ton of stock that you can sift through, even the boutique items like cross polarization satellite antennas, etc.

Not much elbow room, so unless you go during a slow time, be patient with the personal space deal because you won't have any.

Great people, great place.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 10:44:02 AM »

Honestly though, they would be wise to move to a bigger building. It is too crowded. During the recession they surely could have found a bigger place at bargain basement prices. 

--------------------------------------
You can embrace new computer/tablet technology and change with it or cling to old fall far behind....
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 07:43:56 AM »

Ever notice how most of the stuff on their used equipment list doesn't work quite right?  Really reminds me of a hamfest!

John AF5CC
KD8TFG

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »

I made an online purchase for 2 small items on Sunday evening, got an almost email response confirming may order and on Monday morning a confirmation the order was sent to the shipping dept. and within 2 hrs. after that got an email from there shipping dept. that it had shipped with a tracking #  The items arrived today and the packaging was beyond expectation..... I have to give my praise to R&L for a job well done !!!!
W8WDS

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 04:53:37 AM »

R and L Electronics has always done right by me. They always honor their warranty new and used. The store is always stocked with parts demo equipment and I find it a inviting place to go. The Counter people at R and L electronics are always ready to help and will find the answer to any question you might have electronics related  Smiley , I've had a few problems with used equipment but R and L always took care of the problem to my satisfaction. A  A+ retailer.
WA8KIW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 07:35:20 PM »

Have you noticed they either are at or support many Midwestern and Southeastern US hamfests? 
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »

I live in the Southeast and they are always at the Orlando Hamcation.  In fact, I bought my Icom 703+ from them several years ago.  Great price and friendly folks.  Our daughter now lives in Dayton, so may stop sometime when in the neighborhood.

Lee
Leeds, AL
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 05:50:54 PM »

AF5CC....no, I have not noticed that.  Huh  In fact, my experiences have been quite the opposite.

Oh well, mileages I guess.
AF8JC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »

I live about 50 minutes away from R&L. When I first started doing HF, I knew nothing about what I was getting into. The folks at R&L were very patient with me and explained the HF and VHF (what I had been doing) were nothing alike. They steered me towards a used Icom IC-718 for around $400 and explained that I could return it for full credit on another radio within 30 days. About 30 days later I returned with the 718 and said I wanted a new IC-7200. They bent over backward to help me get the best deal and use Icom's rebate, while ordering the radio that would take about a week to get (they were already on order). They told me to keep the 718 until I got a chance to come in and get the IC-7200.

Here's the kicker: I talked them into letting me keep my old (made in Japan) HM-36 mic, and gave them the new (made in China) HM-36 that came with the IC-7200. I then had problems with my old microphone. They had already resold the 718 along with the mic that I had given them. They went right to the shelf and gave me a brand new HM-36 microphone and said, "a new radio should have a new mic".

Price is important in any purchase, but it has to be tempered with convenience and quality of service. After my experience, I would rather buy used equipment from someone that will be there after I take it home and find out there's a problem. These guys are great!

Jim Caudill (AF8JC)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: