Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten-tec 1215 TunerKit  (Read 5474 times)
KC0USI

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2013, 04:16:04 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with the Ten-Tec 1215 "T" Tuner kit?  Can't find it in the Reviews section and was wondering if it is considered a good kit for performance.  Any thoughts would certainly be appreciated!
KC0USI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:20:05 AM »

Just to clarify the "T" Tuner question -- this is the manual antenna tuner kit which sells for around $260.  I know you can buy auto tuners for about the same price, but I really enjoy kit building.  Just trying to find out if the kit is known to have good operating performance when built correctly.   Undecided
N4IAG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:00:40 AM »

There was a favorable write-up in the August, 2012 CQ magazine. Maybe if you can find that?

"Finally among this month's features, we have a CQ Review of the Ten-Tec Model 1215 "Ten 'T' Tuner" kit. Reviewer T.J. "Skip" Arey, N2EI, says it's an excellent kit for the new builder and an excellent accessory for the experienced builder as well."

Steve

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
KC0USI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 12:30:36 PM »

Thanks for the tip Steve!  I'll find the article and give a look-see.  Will probably go ahead and get the kit and post a review when I'm finished with it.

Cheers,

Dan
DAVEBEAL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 02:32:42 PM »

Any opinions on this tuner?  Manufacturer's webpage is here: http://www.tentec.com/products/Ten-%22T%22-Tuner-Kit.html

There still are no reviews of it on this site, and the CQ review is apparently only accessible to subscribers.

Else, any favorable opinions on other manual tuners available in kit form?  High power not necessary; I'm using only 100W.  Thanks!

- Dave Beal, K0QDB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: