Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTW furiously processing logs  (Read 11094 times)
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »

I tried to upload a certificater request this morning and got
a similar message.
I ended up uploading it via the web page.

bill

Thank you for sanity check!
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 10:51:15 AM »

At this rate the queue size will approach zero within a few days.  Amazing.  I wonder if LoTW will intentionally hold the uploaded logs in a small queue or will the upload process will be real-time once the queue is cleared.

Jonathan W6GX

When I first signed up last year there was a very fast turnaround time. I don't know about real-time but very fast.

I can see the progress here. I finally got over the date I was stuck on ( I think it was 12/11) and I received about a half dozen new one's up to 12/18.

My thanks to whomever is doing the work!

Chris/NU1O
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 12:20:39 PM »

You can't really use the change in date of the logs currently being processed as an indicator of progress. Remember, it's just processed the few logs uploaded over the Christmas holiday. It still has to work through the millions of QSOs uploaded since.

Things are definitely a faster. It's currently adding new QSOs and processing new logs at about twice the rate as before the upgrade (at 4 new records per second, this still seems excruciatingly slow to me), but there's a LOT of logs to process. I've run a few projections and at the current rate it should be around a week or so for the queue to be processed. There are big contests the next 2 weekends that might push that to 10 days or so.

The good news is that queue processing after that should be measured in minutes, except perhaps immediately after big contests and until LoTW usage and/or database size perhaps doubles.
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 12:59:01 PM »

Chances are that a boatload of logs were submitted for the
RTTY RU last weekend.
I tried to send mine in, but found out that there was a problem with my certificate, hence the renewal application.
N6ORB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »

LOTW is now spitting out confirmations for 5T0SP. Two of my four contacts have shown up so far.

It looks like they've found the high gear for LOTW.

Dave, N6ORB
NQ3X

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 04:50:46 PM »

Too bad the multiple uploads I've made since 12/1 haven't shown up yet.  I'm not sure what to make of it.  Frustrating.

Bob WP2XX
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 04:28:54 AM »

LOTW is now spitting out confirmations for 5T0SP. Two of my four contacts have shown up so far.

Dave, N6ORB

None of mine have shown up yet.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 05:59:54 AM »

Mine either, and I have seen it reported that 5T uploaded to eQsl but I never got that either,

I wonder is it just for people that did OQRS ??

Keeping on topic I see the LOTW queue is getting longer/slower again hope the kept the recipt for that hardware the bought,

Trevor
EI2GLB

Dave, N6ORB

None of mine have shown up yet.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 06:53:36 AM »

Mine either, and I have seen it reported that 5T uploaded to eQsl but I never got that either,

I wonder is it just for people that did OQRS ??

Keeping on topic I see the LOTW queue is getting longer/slower again hope the kept the recipt for that hardware the bought,

EI2GLB

According to queue status page, it was on December 24 logs yesterday AM, and this AM it is on Dec 29 logs. So it seems to be working through 5 days worth of log in one day. That's a very decent clip and entirely consistent with the speedup I've observed.

It has processed all the logs I've submitted in December, and I was uploading every couple of days. Pretty soon I expect it to chew through my January logs.

I know my 5T0SP QSO's are in the system but not confirmed yet. I have not done OQRS for 5T0SP yet (I actually have 5T5DC already confirmed (paper) from 2009 so it wasn't a priority, although I will go do the OQRS right now to make sure 5T0SP gets a donation!)

This morning's big confirmation via LOTW, was Hawaii on 160M. And I've gotten a huge number of bandfills on 12M from the "common" entities I was working around Christmastime but had never bothered to put in the log before.

A huge number of very large logs (probably average 1000 QSO's per log) must've been submitted for the RTTY RU over the weekend. RTTY contesting has grown by leaps and bounds in the past couple years. Digital mode users are to a very high percentage (80% or more) also LOTW users. A good test for the new LOTW upgrade :-)
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 07:01:47 AM »

Dave, N6ORB

Both of my 5T0SP contacts were on LOTW yesterday (7th).  I did not use OQRS, as these are only bandfills.

Gene AF3Y
K4JK

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 07:04:52 AM »

It looks like 5T0SP is uploading logs in bits and pieces, their latest upload is today,  2013-01-08.

ex W4HFK
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 06:47:14 AM »

It looks like 5T0SP is uploading logs in bits and pieces, their latest upload is today,  2013-01-08.

My contacts with 5T0SP were on 4 Dec 2012 and are not yet confirmed via LoTW. 
Hopefully those with confirmations are from QSO dates prior to that ...
KB1UJS

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 10:58:27 AM »

I'm glad to see that ARRL has found a way to significantly speed up LoTW processing.  I'm a little concerned about the lifespan of the SSDs if they are being heavily written to.

Does anyone know if there's ever been a writeup about how the internals of LotW work?  As an IT guy, I've always been curious what decisions were made in designing LotW.

Ken
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 12:57:22 PM »

My contacts with 5T0SP were on 4 Dec 2012 and are not yet confirmed via LoTW. 
Hopefully those with confirmations are from QSO dates prior to that ...

One of my contacts was on 1/12 and the other on 5/12.   I did not use OQRS for a card.

73, Gene AF3Y
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »

I just ordered some new RAM and a SSD for my four year old computer.  If I recall the LoTW server is now using SSD technology.  I have heard a lot of good things about it and I can't wait to see what it can do.

Jonathan W6GX

I really hope your kidding about them using SSD drives.
My very good buddy is a service tech for Laptops and he tells me that SSD drives are the most useless things ever created.
The problem is that when they fail they just fail!  No clicking, no sector errors, no wierd stuff that lasts a week or so before death.  You just turn off your perfectly working PC and when you turn it back on NOTHING!  He says there is no way to retrieve the Data, it's just gone.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: