Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DIPOLE ANTENNA  (Read 885 times)
N4MJG

Ignore
« on: January 07, 2013, 06:13:18 PM »

Hi guys !

I a have question for you guys !

I'm looking for  an wire antenna dipole to fit my lott trees are only 30 ft my lot is so small only can fit 34 ft wire on both side ! and wanted to do 80 not only 20 and 40 as well !

I use check badger weather net on but unble to check in for 2 years ! here the band i like to get on 20,40,80 plus i have tuner so i can tune down lower band on cw for all 3 of bands !

I ran out of idea plus i don't want the wires get to close trees make the swr go up like others did yes same problem for some reason it does not like get too close trees ! dunno why i had 2 difference did same vary thing g5rv did and now carolina windom.

I can only listening but can't transmit, i have mfj 962 D

Jackie
N4MJG
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »

That wasn't so easy to read; go back and read it.

But anyway, if you make a wire "loop" antenna the whole permiter of your available space, feed it with open-wire or window line, and load that up with a tuner, it should work.

Don't use coax for this, it's not likely to work.
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:35:22 PM »

Sorry about the read is not that great either do i at times but i try ! thanks steve Smiley
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »

If you can fit 34' on EACH side of the antenna, then you have space for a 40m dipole.
Start with that.  Then make a 20m element and add that to the same feedpoint.
The last step is to put a loading coil on the end of the 20m element with an extension
wire so the total length is about the same as the 40m dipole:  adjust the coil size until
that antenna is resonant on 80m.

Three bands with coax feed on a common feedpoint.

AE5JU wrote an article on how he implemented this idea:
http://www.hamuniverse.com/ae5jufielddayantenna.html
It's on hamuniverse.com, so don't take it as gospel, but the general approach should
work.  You don't have to run the wires at right angles - you can string them between
the two trees with one hanging under the other, and you can adjust the loading coil
to accommodate various lengths for the 20m/80m wire.
N3DT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »

I keep telling you guys, forget the dipoles if you don't have the space.  Get a single mount antenna, look up C-Pole and you can get multiple bands out of it if you have a tuner.   All you need to do is make a current balun, which is included when you look up C-pole.  No radials either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: