The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu Quadra HF amp using MicroHam band decoder as interface to Icom 7800  (Read 715 times)
NB2A

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2018, 06:54:05 AM »

I am putting my station back together after having it dismantled for some work that needed to be done. I am trying to find info on cables I already have for the MicroHam to do this. The one cable is labeled PAYAESU1 and I need to know if the 8 pin male goes to either a Band Data connection on the Quadra or to the Icom  8 Pin ACC jack on the radio. Since this band unit is discontinued support is not really much of an option. Is anyone using this MicroHam band decoder that can shed some light please?

TIA
73 De NB2A
Tom

K4BNC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 02:07:49 PM »

I have the 7800/Quadra combination but I do not use an automated band selection method. (Just a bit of carrier while you push the Fset button on the amp).  However I think I can help anyway.

The 7800 has both ACC1 and ACC2 DIN connectors. (Actually 2 of each)  ACC1 is the 8 pin and it does not have band data.  Acc2 is 7 pin and does have the band data.(Chapter 2 of the manual shows the pin connections so you could verify the cables)    The band data socket on the Quadra is 8 pin.  Therefore I would suggest that if your cable is 8 pin it is for the amp end. (again the amp manual would show pin connections so the cable can be verified.

Note that actual frequency data, not band data, is also available from the 7800 CI-V output.  I use this to control an external auto tuner.
73, John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: