Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-Ham Reception Report?  (Read 9323 times)
HFCRUSR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 09:16:51 AM »

Hey that looks pretty cool! Lord knows I have the time nowadays-hey maybe I could knock out Technician's in a day hi:)
Thanks for the nudge and help K9AIM!
M6BYN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 06:47:08 PM »

i have had a few EQSL cards from SWL its nice that your out there.
HFCRUSR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 08:55:59 PM »

Thanks for saying that M6BYN. It's good to know some of you guys appreciate us SWL guys.
73-
WN9VMR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 06:00:29 PM »

I know and thank you for the good report from S.F. de wn9vmr
WN9VMR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 06:03:03 PM »

tnx for the fine report Frank
de wn9vmr
W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 11:53:38 AM »

thanks for the replies and thanks K9AIM for the kind comment. It would seem that I'm setting in the driver seat with the motor running but won't throw her in gear and get a moveon. I always loved radios and my last couple years of working, I expounded upon the SWL shack to wind up with a pretty nice one that gave many nice evenings of diversion after a hard day's work. Now its my main go-to for boredom killing lol. Due to health circumstances, I was early-retired 2 years now and am still thinking of making that move. I only wish I could just jump straight into HF and join the guys in the 60 meters that I put on every night. No doubt I would have a helluva passion for it as I do with SWL/HF rx.
Bottom line is yeah:)
Thanks-73, Frank

Frank, my buddy/neighbor was not a ham, I got him interested in it, he took his tech test after 2 weeks of studying, passed. 3 days later, he starts studing for general and 3 weeks later, he was a general (HF) . A great online program is http://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/index.html

It will cost you the same at the ARRL study guide. I like to have the study guide also just to reference.

Sorry for thread hijack. But like the other ham said, sounds like you'd make a great ham.

73 Rick
KD6KWZ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »

There was a couple of hams in the Middle East having a QSO, that I heard on the WebSDR machine in the Netherlands. I sent one of them an email at the time, using QRZ data for the email, about my reception of them. He got the email instantly, thanked me on the air, mentioning my call sign.

Yes, others appreciate knowing when their signal was getting out.

Now, just waiting for 10 meters to get to the point of direct contact from here to the Middle East...  Grin

Myself, I'm a CW klutz, so, the no code licenses have been great for me. I'm an electronic technician of sorts by trade, so, the theory & rules were not overwhelming.
PD2R

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 02:30:26 AM »

Thanks for the replies-I thought it'd be a cool thing to get going in here. The card thing is the proper way I gather but I'm so cheap I don't wanna pay postage lol Tongue

Here in the Netherlands the VERON (Dutch equivalent of the ARRL) also handle QSL cards for SWL's. I expect the ARRL does the same.

The only thing you need to do is become a member of the ARRL. If you have a couple of QSL cards you want to send, go to your local club and hand them over to the club's QSL manager. The next month you visit your club again, that QSL manager might have some cards for you as well.

Keep in mind, not every ham receives their QSL cards by the buro. Some of them aren't members of a club or live in country where there simply is no QSL buro.
Often you can find QSL information on the station's QRZ.com page. If it says "QSL by the buro" then it isn't a problem. If it says "QSL direct only" then there is no point in sending that station a QSL card via the buro.

As you have figured out by now, SWL's and SWL reports either by email or by QSL card, are greatly appreciated. Wink

73, Maarten PD2R
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: