Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radiojet 1102S  (Read 7882 times)
KDMSKY59

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2011, 08:28:04 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone has used or can report on the Bonito Radiojet 1102S. From what I read it is not a standard SDR with only a 24khz bandwidth but it's strength appears to be in it's signal processing ability. Initial specs are: noise floor -137dbm, IP3 +29dbm, 3 output channels with different levels of attenuation, cost 500 Euros.

Kevin
WB4LCN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:07:58 PM »

"Strictly speaking, this radio is no SDR, although it is exclusively controlled by computer."

Yes, you are correct. It seems to be a hardware rig that's got a computer control interface. I like the interface.

dave Smiley

First, make it work, then make it pretty.
Yaesu Rigs: Kenwood TS-480HX, FT-8900R, FTM-350AR (Bluetooth motorcycle mobile), VX-8DR, SB-102 boat anchor (built one as a kid)

Moderate Spock: "Live for a reasonable amount of time and scrape by."
HAMMYGUY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:27:21 PM »

Nice interface, but it's from Bonito.  After using their Radiocom software I'll never buy from them again. Poorly written manuals and poor support.  I'm surprised they seemed to have surfaced again. 

There are two purchase options available:
1. With support: Including 1 year of the famous Bonito customer service.

Oh yes it's famous alright. 

On the one hand, no completely new technologies were used, but on the other a totally new understanding of electromagnetic processes. In order to create a new receiver generation, the new physical theories of bonitistic geometry were used successfully.

What the hell is "bonitistic geometry"?

Reception and recording of transmissions in USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM and DRM. All filters are completely variable and can have their waviness and notches drawn by hand with the equalizer. S-meter and spectroscope have an extremely accurate dBm-scale and can be calibrated.

waviness and notches drawn by hand? 

One of the main problems with Radiocom's manual was nonsense like that. Rather than have some person fluent with the English language write the manual or at the very least proofread it, what the company published was almost undecipherable.

http://www.bonito.de/radiojet/infos/en_rj10_home.htm

KM5YP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »

Anyone heard of having a problem with the registration process for the RadioCom software that controls the 1102S? I have tried different computers, operating systems, removing antivirus and firewall capability, and even two different ISP's with no luck.  I constantly receive the error message, "Program Key INCORRECT:access denied."  Bonito has been very diligent to resolve the problem but no resolution yet.  As a result, there is no service, support or update capability.
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 04:13:13 PM »

I was interested in using the Bonito as accurate level/signal strength meter. It has some interesting features in this regard.

The web page is very poorly organized and the screen shots so poor you cant see anything.

You cant even download a PDF manual to see how the unit works.

The manufacturer should really upgrade the web page and provide clearer shots and more detailed information. You almost get the impression that they trying to keep the product secret!

They wont be getting my money till i see an independent review or some  clearer information that goes beyond the basics of just a shortwave receiver.

What annoys me the most  about demos from shortwave radio companies, they never show examples of their units tuning the ham bands on CW and SSB. They always show them tuning big strong shortwave stations
that you can receive on a crystal set. Guys  if you want to sell your products to hams at least tune your demos to one of the ham bands, its a no brainer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: