Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Programing cable question  (Read 533 times)
KE7EYX

Ignore
« on: January 28, 2013, 10:46:16 PM »

Has any one had any success of using the RT system programing cables and building adapters to program other radios besides just the one they bought it for?

I have one for the ft-50 an was gona build an adapter to use it with the ft-8900.  Looked at a few other websites that show diagrams an simple parts list to do it but no there is very little mentioning or pictures showing exact final project/ communication.

RT system claims to make the cables radio specific but I find that hard to actually believe if the manufacturers barely change much between radio models. ect ft 7800, 8800, 8900 are all more or less the same radio with minor tweaks here an there to make then little different.  same with the ft-50. vx-10 is the commercial version just strictly vhf or uhf. wouldn see why coudnt program it with the same cable.

Hate having to buy several different cables to program similar/ identical radios or a new one for each new radio obtain. Also have seen designs for a all in one programing interfaces that allow you to swap lines out for what ever radio you happen to need to program.  thought of going that route but too costly an too complicated.

Open to all suggestions an input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: