Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DXCC Rules  (Read 856 times)
W8RID

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »

I have been reading the ARRL Rules for DXCC Awards.

For the most part are clear but then they become very vague in spots.

The reason I am writing is because I cannot find out how many confirmed DXCC QSO you need to have to apply for and get the Basic DXCC Award.

I see that there are several different totals for other special DXCC Awards but can't seem to come up with the number for the Basic Mixed DXCC Award.

My logging program has a number of 200. When I look it up on wikipedia it says 100.

What is this magical number for this Basic mixed award??

This will just be the start for me. Once I get that I will continue to work on the others as I go.

Thanks for the guidance.

Bob
W8RID
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 12:42:53 PM »

One hundred.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »

There are 340 possible current entities. http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/2012%20DXCC%20Current_H.pdf

There are 61 possible deleted entities. http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/2012%20DXCC%20Deleteds_G.pdf

Basic award requires 100 entities. I think you have a point, the magic number of "100" for the basic award is in fact not mentioned until page 4 of the rules!!! I swear I've known that DXCC has "Century" = "100" in its name since I was a kid but without that childhood knowledge I think I would've been confused by the rules too.  "Confirmations for a total of 100 or more different
DXCC credits must be included with your first application." http://www.arrl.org/files/file/DXCC/Rules.pdf
W8RID

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:02:07 PM »

Thanks for the reply and confirmation of what I thought it was.

Bob
W8RID
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »

think CC = Century Club which is 100.  good luck!  I have over 100, 90 in LOTW DXCC credits and maybe 50 in QSL cards.  I want to submit for my first Mixed DXCC but deciding if I should wait for 100 LOTW DXCC QSLs.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 03:26:14 PM »

think CC = Century Club which is 100.  good luck!  I have over 100, 90 in LOTW DXCC credits and maybe 50 in QSL cards.  I want to submit for my first Mixed DXCC but deciding if I should wait for 100 LOTW DXCC QSLs.

It sounded like a real easy question but if one does not know CC = Century Club and it's not spelled out in the rules clearly it's not as simple a question as it seems.

With regard to your choice, Delwyn. If you are active and working new one's regularly you may as wait and do it all electronically since you should get 10 more LoTW credits in fairly short order.

I only stated LoTW about 18 months ago and I'm up to 248 confirmed via LoTW. Eventually I will probably have to sit down with a card checker and add the QSL cards to the LoTW credits.

73 and have fun,

Chris/NU1O
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: