Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe Rotator points antennas 180 Degrees in wrong direction???  (Read 1836 times)
AF8F

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2013, 12:04:27 PM »

Am using HRD (on Windows XP) with a Yaesu G-5500 rotator thru an EA4TX ARS-USB interface/controller to track satellites.

The azimuth for the antenna is off by 180 degrees.

I set a new Configuration Option with a Stop Range of 360 to zero degrees, which I am now unable to delete.  Does anyone know how to delete this?  And the azimuth offsets max out at 90 degrees.

My antenna points north when at zero degrees.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm now tempted to try Nova. Any opinions on this program?

Thanks for your help!
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 01:02:52 PM »

I can help you with the delete function.  It's a bug and been reported. 

Easiest way is to do a search for the RotatorConfigs.xml file.  It will be in your [profile]\Applications\Roaming\Simon Brown, HB9DRV\... folder in XP.

Edit this file and remove the line that starts <Config ... that's incorrect.  Delete the whole line.  From <  to >.  Save the file.

One thing, if you change the stop position of the azimuth rotor, this may change the 180 degree out issue.  You MUST be disconnected from the rotor to affect this setting.
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 01:06:50 PM »

My antenna points north when at zero degrees.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Ummmmm, not to be obnoxious, but 0 degrees is north.  0 and 360 are the same thing....and both are north.

Did you check: http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com/HRD521preliminary-11may.pdf

Not much in there though...I guess the options presented depend upon your rotator.

You may also want to check out the HRD Mailing List on Yahoo Groups as well as the forums at forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com.  As I remember, they have a forum specifically for rotator questions with HRD.

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: