Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I get the AE5E Telenet Cluster to work on my laptop???  (Read 1233 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2013, 02:36:06 PM »

I turned on the telenet client in my laptop, but still when I click on the link I still get a "page can't be displayed" site.....I am using Windows 7.....can someone help with this?....the site is www.dxspots.com....

V
KA3NRX
WB3AIT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:28:50 PM »

"Your questions are likely addressed in the AR-Cluster V4 User Manual found at www.ab5k.net."

Thought I would pass this along in case you missed this link.

ed

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 04:51:24 PM »

I don't think that link is giving me the info that I need...I click on this link on the dxspots.com site:

telenet://dxspots.com

on my windows 7 laptop, and I get "page can not be displayed"....on my home PC (antiquated running Windows 98), the telenet display comes up and I am on the AE5E Cluster....can telenet even be used on the modern laptops?.....

V
KA3NRX

AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »

I don't know if this is the problem, but on Windows 7 do you have to run telenet as administrator for any reason?
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »

Not that I am aware of.....I went a site, that guided me to turn on the Telenet client in the laptop, and it said that's all that was needed......but when I go to the dxspots site and click on the telenet link, I still get a no display page....

AJ8MH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 09:04:52 AM »

Look for the following two files on your old computer:
  hypertrm.dll
  hypertrm.exe

This is the old HyperTerminal program that came with Windows.

Copy these and place them in a new directory on your new laptop.  Execute on your new computer and when it says New Connection, name you new connection and then when it asks for details of host, enter DXspots.com.  You may have to hit enter to get the terminal to connect.

I just tried it.  I don't have a login, so I stopped when the DXspots screen came up.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »

Why not just install the VE7CC cluster application? By far the best way to receive spots, and you can connect your logger to it as well. It works 100% reliably 100% of the time here.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
NN4F

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 09:44:02 AM »

I turned on the telenet client in my laptop, but still when I click on the link I still get a "page can't be displayed" site.....I am using Windows 7.....can someone help with this?....the site is www.dxspots.com....

V
KA3NRX

Easy way is to install a client such as Lee's VE7CC app, from http://www.ve7cc.net and when you connect use the AE5E cluster rather than the ve7cc cluster. it is a great piece of software....

Paul - NN4F
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 10:11:50 AM »

Why not just install the VE7CC cluster application? By far the best way to receive spots, and you can connect your logger to it as well. It works 100% reliably 100% of the time here.

Yes Sir!  I agree on the VE7CC cluster. Cannot beat it, IMHO.

73, Gene AF3Y
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 04:01:17 AM »

Got it working...seems telnet does not work with I Explorer...Windows considers it a security risk....Downloaded Firefox & it's add on and it works fine....the only thing is, I can't see what I am typing into the cluster.....Wierd.....have to figure that out next, but for now it's not big deal...Thanks AE5E for the help!.....

V
KA3NRX

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:04:08 AM by KA3NRX » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: