About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S21XV  (Read 4023 times)
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 05:59:31 PM »

Just worked him on 20 meters CW a few minutes ago. Up until this morning when I worked him on 17 CW, I had never heard Bangladesh ever in my many ham years!

He is not strong and his signal warbles alot here at my qth, but it is fairly easy to work him. Just find a hole and he will find you!

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »

I got Vadym about 0146Z on 20M. I was tuning the band and heard what I thought was a Russian ask for NA, but I caught XV. So I went split up 1. He let out another CQ, and for sure it was S21XV. I checked the up calling freq, and it was clear. I gave my call twice. Nada. I gave it twice again.
Then an answer.....N5UD/M ?? Then I dropped the key ! Had to get back up off floorboard. Oh rats !

R R R (its me) and my call again. He was 579. Vadym called me by name, and must have been surprised. I got the standard 599.

I was getting tired of hearing S2's while mobile and not making a Q.

About 10 minutes later I heard him call N5MOA. Congrats. I was listening to pile as I was on my way home. After 0200Z the sig was really getting light.

73 yall N5UD /M
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 07:25:27 PM »

Good going on the /m qso, Tony. I haven't managed a S2 from the mobile yet.

You were hearing him better than I was on the T8.  All you east Texas guys get the good prop.  Tongue

He was only about a 549 at best here, next to nothing when I switched over to one of the verticals. Not enough to hop in the truck and drive down the road to try.

N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 04:07:43 AM »

Well I have to hear those vertical to vertical signals better. Only way I can make those rare QSO's. I don't have 2KW of RF to throw at them.

Speaking of RF. Did anyone hear that TX5K mess last night on 3795 just after sundown ?

It seemed a few W5's had their voice keyers stuck ?
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 06:18:20 AM »

This was the first time I've ever heard Bangladesh let alone work them.  I appreciate that he called for NA when the prop was right.  Thanks Vadym for the superb performance!!!!

Randy AJ4RW
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 07:19:51 AM »

FYI to all.  Condition to S2 from Colorado has been superb.  This morning S21S was on 20m SSB at around 1500z.  His signal peaked at S8, armchair copy despite the polar flutter.  This is a short path opening.  The best part is that he was operating portable on an island using a QRP rig (Yaesu 817).  According to Pete W2IRT propagation via the polar path will be good until May.  So this is the season to work S2 and VUs.  GL to all.

Jonathan W6GX
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: