The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QYT KT8900  (Read 2074 times)
VK2TXB

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2015, 02:12:17 AM »

I recently got this radio with a supplied CD and USB cable. I was finally able to unzip the software and download the driver for win 7 off the disc. Once I plug the USB plug in for it to be discovered it starts searching and finally comes up with error message and red X. I have tried to reload it many times, tried all USB ports, and I am starting to think it the actual USB lead itself. Anyone else got this radio and software combination? I tried programming channels into radio but the memory doesn't want to save offsets etc. I appreciate any help!
Cheers
Andrew
VK2TXB
KB1LXM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:51:12 AM »

Ok, I have the Juentai JT-6188 which is essentially the same thing.  First it seems even the "Authentic" programming cables use a knock off chip, that will cause the latest and greatest USB to Serial interface drivers to reject it.  You need to download an older copy of the Prolific drivers and use those.

Second of all you don't program the offset directly on these radios.  What you need to do is set the Receive Frequency in the top bank (A) and then the Transmit Frequency in the bottom bank (B), switch back over to the top bank and save that to a memory channel, once completed switch to the bottom bank and save that to the same memory channel.  Obviously save your PL tones as well.
KB1LXM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 08:55:33 AM »

Here is a better example on how to program the offset:
http://www.miklor.com/KT8900/KT8900-Program.php

Here is also a link that may better explain the issue you are having with the latest Prolific driver.  I find that I have to force Windows to use the older driver every time I reboot.
http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

Miklor is a great source of information for these Chinese Radios.
VK2TXB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »

Great !! Thanks so very much, I will now start my programming. If someone ever did small instruction cards for these type of radios, he would be a very popular fella!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: