Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E51FOC QRV  (Read 1476 times)
WX2S

Ignore
« on: May 13, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »

Worked him on 15. He sounded lonely. Does everyone have Rarotonga?  Huh

- WX2S.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:39:57 PM »

South Cooks are on all the time. One of the first Pacific DX entities I ever worked with 100W/wire in 2001, in fact. It's not really rare. Worked this op one call, low power.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
K3TN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:59:36 AM »

Just worked him on 30M this am, not very loud but very  good ears.

I'm mostly chasing the W and K FOC calls on the WARC bands - figured its a good way to fill in some states on those bands, as since no contests there I never work domestic stations...

John K3TN
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 05:55:43 AM »

Just worked him on 30M this am, not very loud but very  good ears.

I'm mostly chasing the W and K FOC calls on the WARC bands - figured its a good way to fill in some states on those bands, as since no contests there I never work domestic stations...

The only FOC's I have worked were the ones in Northern Ireland. I had complained earlier last month that I had never heard GN on anything lower than 17m. Along with VK9NT showing up my band fills for 20m-40m showed up for Nothern Ireland.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 06:54:00 AM »

South Cooks are on all the time. One of the first Pacific DX entities I ever worked with 100W/wire in 2001, in fact. It's not really rare. Worked this op one call, low power.

For the US, North and South Cooks are not really rare (#196 and #236 in NA "Most wanted" lists, which makes it pretty common). But in EU, they are substantially harder, #42 and #94 in EU Most Wanted list.

I just got "back into radio" in 2008 and easily picked up for example Clipperton on several bands. (Seeing how it's just a little further than California not surprising it was so easy for me.). But I was surprised at how desirable/needed Clipperton is in EU, it's currently at #26 on the EU "Most Wanted", and this despite recent activations in 2008 and this year.

Tim.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 07:38:41 AM »

South Cook is much easier than North. North has the problem of not regular flights and the risk of being stranded on the islands due to canceled flights. It also has a problem with power and fuel.

Bring solar panels and charter an aircraft if you're going to activate it.

And oh yeah, learn to like fish to eat...
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 07:43:19 AM »

South Cook is much easier than North. North has the problem of not regular flights and the risk of being stranded on the islands due to canceled flights. It also has a problem with power and fuel.

Bring solar panels and charter an aircraft if you're going to activate it.

And oh yeah, learn to like fish to eat...

Ironically, I have North Cook on 7 bands, and South (the easier) on one band.  Go figure.   Huh

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 08:11:52 AM »

Ironically, I have North Cook on 7 bands, and South (the easier) on one band.  Go figure.   Huh

Similar situation here. I have North on 10-80 but South only 10-40. Want 'em both on 160, damnit!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »

Similar situation here. I have North on 10-80 but South only 10-40. Want 'em both on 160, damnit!

That's a heck of a haul for me on 160m. In fact I don't know if I have e er seen it spotted there. Maybe this fall/winter.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »

Well, I thought it was cool Smiley

73, -WX2S

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 11:22:45 AM »

- WX2S.

E51 has great propagation over the North.   All Water.  Great location but that just means not that great for a DX'r looking for a lot of QSOs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: