Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SELLING ON EBAY? BECAREFUL WITH DIRECT PICK-UPS OF YOUR ITEMS!  (Read 2627 times)
KB2SEO

Ignore
« on: January 20, 2013, 07:30:36 PM »

I hope I have the correct forum for this- I sold a radio on Ebay the other day, the Buyer was about 75 miles from us in another state, But not a big deal. He wanted to save the shipping charges and was concerned about shipping since the rig was a big, old Hybrid- We had both been burnt on a nice rig that arrived in Not so nice condition!

I explained to the buyer that I would be willing to meet him Half way- PAY with Paypal to protect us with the Money and I would Drive to a agreed point, Since the sale was as is, He had to agree that this was not a test run or look over- the radio was his (It was working perfectly). He agreed to all the terms, I sold the rig and met a really nice guy in the process.

Tonight, I found that I had used the wrong email for paypal. I called them and they were able to resolve the problem, sure enough- there's the cash! I asked when I could transfer the funds to another account, I was told not for 21 days! It seems that Paypal will only release your funds earlier if you use the shipping as they use that tracking number for confirmation of the delivery of equipment. I explained the situation, NO DICE! So- unless you don't mind waiting for a minimum of 21 days for the money to be released, YOU ARE STUCK. I for one now will not sell anything on Ebay and allow a local pick up.
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 09:46:51 PM »

I do not understand your problem. It sounds like an ideal transaction. It was your fault you gave the wrong E-Mail address, had it been the correct one you would have had your payment immediately. PayPal has rules that protect them and you from fraud. It takes a while to clear funds and to transfer them to a different account, be thankfull you will get your money with just a 21 day wait. It could have been much longer. I have used PayPal to buy and sell hundreds of items over the years. I have encountered very few problems with EBay or PayPal that were not caused by my not understanding there rules. Next time be more careful about your PayPal E-Mail address, and you will not have this problem again. It sounds like you had a good transaction, and met a new Ham radio friend in the process. Be thankfull for this.

73s

K2OWK
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:07:59 PM »

I would always prefer a local pickup than having to ship. I have done it numerous times and it has always worked out perfect. ( with the added benefit of  meeting some very nice people ).

I always insist when someone wants to pick an item up in person that they pay with cash. Why give Paypal their cut if you don't have to ?
K9XR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:55:04 PM »

I am pretty sure that PayPal will release your monay as soon as the buyer leaves you satisfactory feedback.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:45:18 AM »

Man, you lost me on this one.  So, is the problem local pickups or having to wait on PayPal after you made the email mistake?  Your thread title sounded like a guy with a weapon showed up on your doorstep or something.

Local pickups are great.  I've done it many times myself.

Whatever.

KD5RGJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 10:09:24 AM »

The best answer to this is to not buy from Ejunk. Don't you think this is  unfair to Eham?
SPENCER HUDSON
KD5RGJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: