Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orlando Hamcation - worth the trip?  (Read 10115 times)
WD4ELG

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2013, 05:23:34 AM »

Trying to decide if I should head to FL for the Hamcation event.  Nice weather notwithstanding, I have a ton of other stuff on my plate right now.  Is there anything specific that would make it worth the time and effort to travel from my QTH in NC?

Will the TS990S be on display?  (Can't afford it, of course, just wondering...)
Ditto the Flex 6700 (Can't afford that either...)
Any new antenna designs?
Any other new rigs?
Inexpensive SDR?
Presentations?
Other?

Visalia looks like it is VERY interesting for my DX interests, but I can't break away from work to get out to the West Coast at that time.
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 12:50:03 AM »

Nobody can tell you what will be there ahead of time unless you can get the vendor list from OARC.

I can say that it's not Dayton but it's a real good show and one of the largest other than Dayton which is about twice as big.

It's a very good show.

73 de N4CR, Phil

Never believe an atom. They make up everything.
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »

Add me to the list of supporters of hamcation.  Haven't been in a few years, but worth the experience.

Not a DX fiend, but Visalia's supposedly good.  Being originally a CA San Joaquin Valley resident from near there, there's not much in Visalia to do besides the DX meeting.  Oh, you could drive to Yosemite or Sequoia National Parks, but won't hold a candle to Disney, Sea World, Universal Studios or a jaunt over to Kennedy Space Center afterwards.

Lee
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 06:51:01 AM »

If you are in the ARRL Southeastern Division, if you make the trip, and renew your ARRL subscription at the fest for 3 years, they give you a free 2013 Handbook!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: