Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: problem with transmit on ncx-3  (Read 551 times)
WT4T

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2013, 01:58:18 PM »

My first venture into National. the ncx-3 is totally new to me, Iam used to working on my Drake gear and collins. I checked the ncx power supply , all voltage feeds are on the money. Fire up the NCX-3 and receive is fine. go to tune position and nothing. No output of any kind. Also the s meter does not work in receive and no current sense shown on transmit. It seems the agc is not working, due to the high spikes in audio volume you get as you tune. The finals are good,  Of course the seller said he was getting 100 out with no problem.Can anyone steer me in the right direction on this. I was about to measure the voltages per the manual ,but thought I would ask first. Also subbed the relay, made no difference.the dual roll of the receive and transmit using the same circuits,is hard for me to get my head around.
thanks for any help.
dale wt4t
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 05:23:35 PM »

IF power supply voltages are reliable, proper, and clean, then have you tested any of the tubes??

Related thread on QRZ
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?375321-National-NCX-3-Frequency-instability-on-transmit
KQ6Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:02:56 PM »

Have you tried setting it to CW and connecting a key ? Might be different results than using the tune position.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: