Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LNR End Fed Wire Antenna  (Read 659 times)
W7RIP

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »

Before I order one of these wire antennas for 40 meters, has anyone had any experience with this antenna
on 40 meters? I read the reviews and they sound good. It appears that the only way to order this antenna
is through PAY Pal; I would like to avoid this if possible. I have tried emailing and calling these guys to no
avail. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks & 73s Rip   W7RIP   
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:45 PM »

PAR has been selling these antennas for years, LNR was building them and took over sales.  PAR has a good reputation, and I wouldn't have any trouble buying from LNR based on that association.

I assume you are buying this antenna for convenience of installation vs. better available from other types like dipoles, verticals, etc.  Be  aware of the possibility of RF on the coax or in shack inherent with this design.

Let us know how it performs for you.

W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »

I have a pre LNR Par 40m,Use it for portable qrp,out of the different configurations inverted L works best for me.I consider it a good antenna for its intended use and have homebrewed others for different frequencies.I can't comment on LNR customer support or payment options as I have only dealt with PAR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: