Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RE: EHAM WEBSITE COMPROMISED?..  (Read 20887 times)
VE1CZ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 09:47:09 AM »

I had this happen twice here on Eham.First time I had to go to safe mode and do a restore and this fixed it till the next time I came to Eham via my bookmarks,I deleted the bookmark and typed in the Eham url and everything has been fine ever since,quick and easy and worked fine for me!
Bob VE1CZ
P.S. mine was not showing the FBI but the RCMP realistic looking logo!
 l
EI7IR

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »

My daughter got a laptop from "Santa Clause" and before dinner on christmas day she got a virus (Ukash)on it the white screen at startup looking for I think it was 80 euro to unlock the computer.The computer was in use for a couple of hours at the most and it had visited just two websites,eham and facebook.
The only link I could see between the two sites was a banner add for T-shirts it was on both sites and although she said she didnt click on it Im still not convinced.......

Anyway it was a toshiba computer and it had the HDD recovery system installed and I did a complete factory reset and all was fine again.

Out of curiousity did anyone click on any of these long rectangular non radio related banners that you see down along the side of the page?

Paraic EI7IR

P.S Im not pointing the finger or blaming this website for it because as far as I know eham
has no control over these advertisments.

NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2013, 05:45:55 AM »

active user during that period and never saw anything out of the ordinary.

However, I run Linux, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, a from a user account and the browser is Chromium
(open source Chrome) V18.0.1025.168.  I find it a bullet proof combo.

Allison

Same here...  Running Linux, and Google Chrome...  No issues of any kind...  I also keep things updated...  If you are running windows here is an example of what you are up against, many years ago, we took a brand new W2000 system out of the box, plugged it into the net and started a stopwatch...  About 20 minutes later it was compromised...  What happened?  We did not update it, and it was an older system we had in storage for about six months.  Keep your updates updated, and keep your virus software updated, and scanning... 

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 08:03:02 AM »

This morning I logged onto eham from my wife's computer. Everything worked fine. As soon as I logged out a message popped up saying that my computer had been infected by a virus that would delete all my files in three days. It said the only way to protect myself was to back up all my files to eham. I closed the page and didn't click on the button to perform the backup.

When I reconnected to eham, before I logged back on, I got a popup message saying that eham had selected me as the lucky 1000th visitor and that I could select one of several gifts including a $500 prepaid Visa card.

I expect this garbage is comming from the add service that eham prescribes to.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 08:26:19 AM »

Select the $500.00 card and put it towards a new Apple computer Smiley
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: