Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inactivity due to family/career  (Read 11829 times)
W4HIJ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 06:12:50 AM »

I was inactive because of family issues  a couple of time but really not in the way the OP is asking about. I've had unforseen family medical and financial expenses on two different occasions that caused me to have to sell most every piece of gear I owned. I didn't think I'd miss ham radio much when I was without it and their are a lot of the bad aspects of it I didn't. But their is still enough good to outweigh the bad I think so as soon as I could afford to, I got my hands on some equipment again. Nowadays, I leisurely play around in contest and other than that I mostly do digital.
Michael, W4HIJ
KF5KWO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 08:26:36 AM »

I put my gear away a few years ago once kids #3 and #4 came along.  I hope to bring out the gear and build new antennas in a year or two.  I continue to read the major forums and QST. Haven't suffered depression at all, but am looking forward to getting a new radio and hopefully using my iPad to log contests and casual contacts.  I was just getting into contesting a few years ago; it seemed like a good compromise with the family over more frequent on-air activity.  May start with a new mobile rig first, though, since I'm still not confident that running a 6-person household will allow any ham radio time.

How did I know it was time to get back in?  Our youngest is about to turn 3, so I figure in about a year or so she and the 5 yr-old and the older ones can help me color in states/counties as I nab them. The two oldest liked doing that before.  Plus I need some workers to help me build and deploy a few stealth antennas.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: